• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

I'm only a few episodes in and it feels like a chore getting through it. Its joyless and a little disjointed. I'm going to get to episode 5 before deciding if this is first season of any marvel I don't watch all the way through.

The first part of the season is a really slog to get through. Finally picks up around 5. I'm at episode 11 and its not as good as last season, but has some good moments and twists.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:01 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oh, definitely not. I agree on that. But remember when Jessica Jones first started out in Season 1. An episode or two, and they can potentially turn around the character.

My Marvel-Netflix ranking at this point:

- Daredevil Season 2

- Daredevil Season 1

- The Punisher Season 1

- Luke Cage Season 1

- Jessica Jones Season 1

- The Defenders

- Jessica Jones Season 2

- Iron Fist Season 1

My ranking is almost exactly like yours. DD season 2 is tops for the introduction of the punisher.

I’ve always hated that character since he appeared as I felt he was one dimensional. But after the show, I definitely appreciated him more and actually went out and bought an asm129, which I could never see my myself doing. Good thing I did, cause the book went crazy right before his own series came out. 

On 3/20/2018 at 12:13 PM, skypinkblu said:

My list of the ones I like best are.

Daredevil 1

Jessica Jones 2

(don't hit me ) :fear:Ironfist

Daredevil 2

Luke Cage

Of all the characters in the Netflix series I had the highest hopes for Elektra and iron fist. And both have been the biggest letdowns. But iron fist is so bad, it took me weeks to get through that show. Every other show I binge watched and finished in a few days. For iron fist, it was a chore to watch. And it never did get better. 

Is it just me or was Colleen Wing just annoying? Her acting just seems awful to me and her fight scenes didn’t seem believable at all. I don’t even want to get into the villains in that show. Whoever they were since they were so forgettable. 

I actually thought Iron Fist and Defenders were good. DD 2, every part NOT the Punisher was underwhelming

1. DD Season 1

2. Punisher 1 (throw out the whole pointless/could be removed "Bad Guy Solider" storyline and it moves up to 1)

3. Jessica Jones 1

4. DD Season 2

5. Defenders 1

6. Iron Fist 1

7. Luke Cage 1

8. Jessica Jones season 2 (still not done, but so far its pretty meh compared to earlier appearances of the character.)

Meh....dragged on for too long and the whole I hate the whole world and I'm going to be a major B shtick is just getting tiresome.

The best part was when 

Spoiler

David Tennant showed up as Purple Man to add a little life to the show.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:14 AM, 1Cool said:

I'm 4 episodes in and it's ok but nothing great.  I liked the 1st season better at this point but it's keeping me entertained enough to keep it in the rotation.  Right now Altered Carbon is a much better show and I'm alternating watching that show and Alias whcn I have time.

Yes, really liked Altered Carbon..Just a well done show.  

16 hours ago, musicmeta said:

I also heard there is going to be a "Midnight Suns" Netflix series with the Moon Knight in it along with Ghost Rider and the Punisher??  Moon Knight on Netflix could be really great if done right.

As others have said. Jessica Jones season 2 got better got better towards the end.

With the Disney streaming service coming out wont that shelve all future projects?

16 hours ago, musicmeta said:

I also heard there is going to be a "Midnight Suns" Netflix series with the Moon Knight in it along with Ghost Rider and the Punisher??  Moon Knight on Netflix could be really great if done right.

I hate to say this, but the story that floated around on April 1st was a silly April Fools joke. A few sites carried it before it became clear what was going on.

It originated on comicbookmovie.com, and when you clicked on the source link it went to that animated Google site stating 'APRIL FOOLS!'

:frown:

Found it! Although now the link points to Screen Rant who then points to Latino Review who pulled the April Fools joke page. So they dropped it into the article.

Marvel Netflix Announces MIDNIGHT SONS Series Featuring Ghost Rider, Blade, Moon Knight, And Punisher

Are you a fan of Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight? Would you love to see them team up and get their own series on Netflix and crossover with other established MCU Netflix anti-heroes such as the Punisher? If you answered yes to these questions, well keep dreaming!

Spoiler

293i232.jpg

They need a better villian for her.

I liked the side story at lot with Carrie-Anne Moss.

Toward the end I was more interested in Moss than the main storyline. I'd rate this one near the bottom, one step above Cage but still worth the time.

Edited by Rip

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, Rip said:

They need a better villian for her.

I liked the side story at lot with Carrie-Anne Moss.

Toward the end I was more interested in Moss than the main storyline. I'd rate this one near the bottom, one step above Cage but still worth the time.

I too enjoyed carrie ann moss story more.  But it was pointless to the main story.  I thought this season just wasn't enjoyable.  It wasn't as 'bad' per se as Iron Fist, but since I gained some joy from seeing Iron Fist on the screen finally, this one moves to the bottom of my Netflix Marvel rankings.  I get that this season was about angst and finding out how the past develops who you are, and I think they did that very well, but its slow and rough and just keeps spiraling down, and there's literally no one and nothing to root for.  Maybe that's the point?  I would recommend it more than Iron Fist, but I don't like it more than Iron Fist.  Or just go watch season 1 again, David Tennant is a treat!