• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"My next submission to CGC . . . "

87 posts in this topic

24 hits and not one post? Guess this thread is a loser right out of the gates!

Ok, here's my next submission:

SS%202s.jpg

SS%202bs.jpg

very nice - except for those few stress lines it's looking good........... thumbsup2.gif

here's the book likely to be my next; it has that slightly rough upper edge, a 2/3 inch very faint crease just above the "A" and a 1/4 inch very faint corner crease on the LRC. the back cover is Pristine...........colors and gloss are exceptional. thinking 9.0 - 9.2.893crossfingers-thumb.gif

1105997929047_batman_annuals_006.jpg

Not a great picture, and not really a beautiful book, but I think I can get a 4.5 or 5.0 out of it. I think I'll still have it graded no matter what.

Hulk_181.JPG

And might send in this one too, even though it's likely a 4.0 or lower.

XMen_13.JPG

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

kh,

If you're going to flip the Hulk, by all means. sumo.gif

Not sure about the X-men though 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, been thinking about flippin' the Hulk. Watched a 4.5 sell for $250 or so on eBay this week, so I'm hoping this one would be a 5.0 at least. But even a 4.5 would give me a little profit even after grading fees. Albeit probably not a whole lot more.

Not a great picture, and not really a beautiful book, but I think I can get a 4.5 or 5.0 out of it. I think I'll still have it graded no matter what.

Hulk_181.JPG

And might send in this one too, even though it's likely a 4.0 or lower.

XMen_13.JPG

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

That Hulk #181 is not going to get a 4.0, let alone a 4.5 or 5.0. I would not recommend getting that book graded.

What do you think it'll grade at? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Y'know - it's a tough call - It's very sharp, fresh and square - all great qualities. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And those spine dings are pretty superficial. If I was a huge SS fan, I'd just keep it (but I'm not really . . .) gossip.gifsacrilege gossip.gif

That Hulk #181 is not going to get a 4.0, let alone a 4.5 or 5.0. I would not recommend getting that book graded.

I stand corrected sorry.gif

Me too. I just got shot down. boo.gif

Not trying to shoot you down. Just trying to save you some money. flowerred.gif

In that grade, you'll make just as much selling that book with large, clear pictures as you would if it were slabbed. Slabbing does not carry a premium on that book in that grade.

if it was just the spine damage and blunted corners you'd be OK, but with at least 5 corner creases of that size, it'll probably get hammered............. frown.gif

hang in there............. thumbsup2.gif

Not trying to shoot you down. Just trying to save you some money. flowerred.gif

In that grade, you'll make just as much selling that book with large, clear pictures as you would if it were slabbed. Slabbing does not carry a premium on that book in that grade.

Gotcha FFB. No biggie grin.gif It was just something I was thinking about, so I could try to get a higher grade raw copy. I got this book at a fairly decent price, and it's one that I have of course always wanted. Thanks for the feedback thumbsup2.gif