• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"My next submission to CGC . . . "

87 posts in this topic

My last go-round brought some painful grades, so it will be with trepidation that I will eventually submit the following. The Dr. Strange came from the Washington State warehouse find of Mark Wilson, and has astounding colors - a dreaded small indent on the back cover takes it out of NM+, unfortunately. The Bats has a couple of tiny spine stresses and a small back cover indent. The JIM is proof that it is possible to buy terrific raw books over e-bay on rare occasion.

689278-drs169.jpg

689278-Bats232.jpg

689278-JIM111.jpg

689278-JIM111.jpg.34db1af373fadfbac71f197bd3cbe7a3.jpg

I'd like to get this book signed, and submit it for a yellow label..... cloud9.gif

1BATMAN244.jpg

The next time one of you guys go to a con where Adams is a guest, please ask him why Batman has two pairs of pants. popcorn.gif

Hey! I think I just got the answer!

Consider- the blue area around Batman's waist is actual underpants, *not* the waist-part of his costume. As for Batman's leg, that's actually bare skin we're seeing, it's just that it's in shadow, probably from a camel just "offscreen". Notice how a shadow seems to contine on his waist. The coloring makes it look like his leg is still in costume, but it's subtly different when you compare it to costume shown. And there's this- the costume Ra' Al Guel (sp?) is holding shows that the costume is ONE piece, so why Batman at the same time be wearing a costume that is TWO pieces?

Wow, Nearmint. cloud9.gif Sarasota should be friendly to those beauties. I especially like the "newstand fresh" look of that Fighting Yank, and the cool 1943 date stamp that adds to the nostalgic feel of it. The Thrilling covers are gorgeous (Note to self: make way to GA thread more often). Keep posting the great stuff!