• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you can't afford a showcase 4 ...

15 posts in this topic

If you can't afford a showcase 4 - what is the next best flash book to own?

Showcase 8, Flash 105, 110, 123, 139?

When I say best I mean most central/important to the character and not necessarily the most valuable (although those may overlap).

Showcase 8 is far scarcer in grade than the rest on your list. But 105 is the de facto Flash #1 so it's probably the next best. But both are very expensive and your questions seems to be asking for the best much less expensive option. I'd say right now 139. It's the least expensive on the list and with the TV show has a lot of potential to increase in value. But it's not a Flash character issue, more a first appearance play.

I was thinking it was likely 105 - but thought 110 might give it a run ;)

I would love a SC4 - but have a mental block spending more than $1.5 - 2k on a book (which a SC4 is certainly WAY over now). But a lower grade 105 is certainly attainable still.

Buy a restored book.

Or save, save, save and save some more. Then buy a Showcase 4.

I use a very secret way of saving,otherwise the wife would take it all. :eek:

:sorry:

For my personal collection I usually "save" by buying less expensive minor keys and low grade big keys. Then when I have enough I sell the lot and buy a big book. That way I never have any liquid cash for my wife to take!

It works, some of the time... (shrug)

123 for me. The classic cover means that every time you pull it out, you'll really enjoy it even after reading it. Get a nice 7.5 copy which is still in reach.

+1 This is my favorite outside of Showcase 4 and has nice value.

However, 105 is still probably the better investment.

139 is the worst read.

I like the 105 for its defacto Flash #1 status, but the 123 has such an iconic cover that is very appealing. As for the 139, I just like Zoom, I always like a villain who is the inverse of the hero.

I think 110 should be more significant for being the first Wally, but that cover is horrible :cry:

I would likely make an exception and purchase a restored SC4 in low grade (ie. a 0.5 - 2.0) but so hard to find .... if anyone has one let me know ;)