• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan Moore Art Day Part 1! Watchmen!

15 posts in this topic

The beauty of Heritage's recent auction being in LA was the opportunity to stop by and pick this up same day as the auction. A few of you knew I was going after this, and thanks to those who provided estimates. I was able to get prepared mentally for the cost, and then go all out to make it happen.

It's great to finally own a Watchmen page - another nostalgia purchase of course. I can't claim that the first time I read the book when I was 11 or so I really got it all but as I re-read it over the years it got deeper and deeper into my psyche. I had such mixed emotions about the film - wanted it to be great but the piece I especially struggled with was how it treated my favorite character - Ozymandias.

I was always unapologetically a fan of the character. He was both the great hero, and great villain all in one - the dichotomy of which stuck with me over the years and paved the way for a worldview, that even as a kid, was more than black and white.

Anyhow, here it is in all it's glory. With almost all my pieces already framed, at least I have something to bring to the OA dinner. lol

Watchmen #12 Pg. 09!!!

PS Yes, Part 1 of 2. I have been very fortunate the past month or so to have this turn up and do a private deal for something else, which should hopefully arrive next week. Stay tuned!! Final art days of the year!!

Awesome piece. I myself have never read the books, only seen the movie. But I vividly remember this scene but somehow this page just make Ozymandias seem that much more evil.

Amazing piece, looking forward to others.

You may want to give it a try.

Congratulations Jonathan. Really great page!

Thanks all! Gene, I am pretty surprised you're not sitting on at least one nice Watchmen page after putting together such an amazing collection. Something tells me you'd have no trouble at all digging one up! ;)

Oh, I'm sure I can dig one up - but the asking price will be 50% higher than it was a few days ago. lol:cry::eek:

Can't wait to see part 2 of your report!