• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I like JSC's style, but he is saturating the market with work that looks the same, for the most part. His Riri Iron Man #2 is a nice break from the traditional pin-up pose for instance.

He's got a Jessica Jones he is working on. Looks the same as most of his work from the past two years except that she has some thick eyebrows.

21 minutes ago, Fankini said:

New online exclusive variants just announced on his website:

Elektra #1 

Looks sick. Cover B and C and my favorites however. 

Just as I comment about his Jessica Jones, the Elektra drops and the Cover C is awesome!

30 minutes ago, Doktor said:

I'm going to be buying that Elektra 3-variant set. I kinda dig all 3. The new-Netflix-inspired costume, the classic & the sketch are all killer.

Same. I wonder how fast it'll sell out. Does anyone know if the discount code can be entered through paypal? 

He's such a talented artist. I've been following him since Gen 13. Created a fansite in the late 90's. Started the first online checklist. It's just a shame he's wasted that talent for the past 15 years on variants and prints. Recently a lot of those have been very lazy. A lot of the covers are just boring pin-ups. If you look at his original Gen 13 work it was so much more detailed (inspired by Jim Lee no doubt). He's obviously doing well for himself with minimal work and effort but I do hope he does some real work before It's too late. Even Jim Lee will do 8-12 issue runs on books every couple of years and he also runs DC comics and still does variants while having a family with 9 kids. That said I'm not holding my breath. I doubt he'll ever do interiors again so these covers are all we get.

Elektra 1 does look nice but all his female faces have become so generic.

Edited by Anfield Fox1

1 hour ago, Anfield Fox1 said:

The Red Sonja variants he's doing are very nice. Picked up 1 and 2. 3 on the way. Wish i could have gotten the virgin variants.

Yup, those are nice. Alas, the virgin variants are 1:40 or 1:50 which tend to be too pricey to me so I just stuck with the regular JSC.

Edited by aerischan

Ordered the 3-issue set of the Elektra.

It just dawned on me though... the new Netflix-inspired Elektra costume is almost identical to Silk's costume without the webs in the front. Like they both bought the same basic costume & threw different emblems on the chest. Like a minor league hockey team.

42 minutes ago, Doktor said:

Ordered the 3-issue set of the Elektra.

It just dawned on me though... the new Netflix-inspired Elektra costume is almost identical to Silk's costume without the webs in the front. Like they both bought the same basic costume & threw different emblems on the chest. Like a minor league hockey team.

Did it go on sale early? I thought 9 AM PST. Thanks to you I saw your comment and ordered the set as well. Thanks! Hope I get 9.8 candidates :wishluck:

6 minutes ago, starlord86 said:

Did it go on sale early? I thought 9 AM PST. Thanks to you I saw your comment and ordered the set as well. Thanks! Hope I get 9.8 candidates :wishluck:

No. It was Mountain Time. Not Pacific. So 11am eastern. 8 pacific.

1 hour ago, Fankini said:

Ordered the 3 Elektra books as well. 

Do his exclusives sell out within hours? I figured the 3 set would sell out faster but I'm just basing that off the Venom #3 sales. 

The two are unrelated, and yet 2 1/2 hours to sell 1,200 copies seems pretty good to me. (shrug)

Edited by ygogolak

On 2/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, starlord86 said:

I was on about 10 minutes early and got 2 sets of the three books unsigned.