• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2017 at 0:13 PM, ygogolak said:

I saw that mentioned in the other thread about the ASM 700. An animated movie rumor isn't going to push these books to the prices they are reaching.

The Superior book is the only raw one on the market right now. Simply a matter of a couple of bidders wanting it and the seller being at the right place at the right time. There are 2 9.8's that are CURRENTLY lower in price than the raw.

Last raw sale was for $355.

Just now, ygogolak said:

doh! been above that price for a good while.

Yeah. Exactly. I kept seeing it in the same box at the same store & kept being like "ehhh... I don't know... " and then when I finally decided to do it, it was gone.

1 hour ago, Doktor said:

Still kicking myself for not grabbing up a Superior Spidey 22 raw for about $20 a few weeks back. I'd seen it a few times & just never grabbed it.

If your lcs has a book like that for a price like that then its probably full of desirable, under-priced books.

21 minutes ago, darkstar said:

If your lcs has a book like that for a price like that then its probably full of desirable, under-priced books.

I've cleaned out a lot of the desirable, under-priced books from that store. That's where I got my X-Infernus Campbell variant for $4 last summer or spring.

ASM 25...not sure on this one. Being oversized I worry about the spine splits and for this amount of money it's a big issue (to me anyway). On an unrelated note I do miss his backgrounds, hope this is just a phase but I don't think so...

Edited by Imagine13