• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2017 at 3:50 PM, Praxis52 said:

Just received shipping details for my JSC Elektra copies.  Hope they arrive with a remark!

Hmmm I ordered pretty much immediately and haven't got a shipment notification. I hope that's because the remarque's are going out a littler later than regualar issues :banana:

21 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Hmmm I ordered pretty much immediately and haven't got a shipment notification. I hope that's because the remarque's are going out a littler later than regualar issues :banana:

I haven't gotten mine either. He had them all at his ECCC booth. It was tempting since he was there and I could have gotten it signed right there. But, I already have two sets on order. I believe he had them priced at $20, $40 and $60 at his booth. I saw someone get one signed and he signed it in gold. It was slick.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:46 AM, NamesJay said:

Hey now... Can't we all get remarks?! 

1kw9la.jpg

40 minutes ago, Imagine13 said:

...nuts got my Elektra sets today ? no remarques. Can't complain, cause I was fortunate enough to get one during the Gamora giveaway. 

IMG_2347.JPG

That's awesome!  Mine should be at home when I get there tonight.  Fingers crossed that a special remark was done on them.

8 hours ago, kevhtx said:

I haven't gotten mine either. He had them all at his ECCC booth. It was tempting since he was there and I could have gotten it signed right there. But, I already have two sets on order. I believe he had them priced at $20, $40 and $60 at his booth. I saw someone get one signed and he signed it in gold. It was slick.

JSC has a booth at ECCC?

19 minutes ago, Beamer said:

JSC has a booth at ECCC?

Yes, he had a booth all weekend selling his art, books, comics and other stuff. He was only there at the booth for a couple hours or so on Saturday though. I expect he has a booth at most large cons. I know they said they will be at C2E2 and others. But, he actually won't be at all of the cons. Just some.

Just now, kevhtx said:

Yes, he had a booth all weekend selling his art, books, comics and other stuff. He was only there at the booth for a couple hours or so on Saturday though. I expect he has a booth at most large cons. I know they said they will be at C2E2 and others. But, he actually won't be at all of the cons. Just some.

I must have missed it. How come it wasn't advertised?

Just now, Beamer said:

I must have missed it. How come it wasn't advertised?

I think because basically he was a vendor selling things on the sales area, not artist alley. I don't know why ECCC didn't highlight it, but they didn't know if he was going to be there for sure. I don't think he had an agreement with ECCC. Thats just a guess though. Like I said, I think his booth is at most major cons selling his stuff. It was over in the 700s of the main floor.

2 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I think because basically he was a vendor selling things on the sales area, not artist alley. I don't know why ECCC didn't highlight it, but they didn't know if he was going to be there for sure. I don't think he had an agreement with ECCC. Thats just a guess though. Like I said, I think his booth is at most major cons selling his stuff. It was over in the 700s of the main floor.

Had I known he has a booth there I would have gone and purchase some book. Where were you located? Was it under his name?

2 hours ago, Beamer said:

Had I known he has a booth there I would have gone and purchase some book. Where were you located? Was it under his name?

I was all over the place. The guy at his booth was telling people he wasn't going to be there (check JSC Facebook for what happened). Anyway, he told me that there was a small chance he would be there around 4pm. Well, I walked over to that area after my Craig Kyle and Jeff Lemire signings at 2pm. I got over there around 3pm and he was there signing. His line was about 40 ppl long. I think it would have been a madhouse had he not had the airport problems. Im sure a lot of people didn't get signatures since they thought he wouldn't be there. JFYI - $20/book for witnessed books.