• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

Really? You are assessing a made up planets physical universe based upon earth bound physics? If that is the case, you should have a problem with lightsabers in general.

Why can't anyone just sit down and enjoy themselves? It is a movie. If you are going to nitpick everything from plot to background nuances such as a made up planet's physics, then no form of media is for you.

You are interested in comic books. Last time I checked, Superman shouldn't be able to fly and Batman should have crippling arthritis by now.

Agree and well said.

Sometimes small ships can travel interstellar distances like when Luke goes to Dagobah sometimes they can't like when Han says a ship that small couldn't get this far out on its own....

kav, if you read any of the material ancillary to the movies, these things are explained. X-Wings are equipped with hyperdriver and TIE Fighters are not.

Yep. TIE Fighters are made to be as cheap as possible by the Empire. No hyperdrive and no shields since the ships and their pilots are considered disposable by the Empire. Incom actually tried to sell the X-Wing to the Imperial Navy at first (it was an upgrade to the Z-95) and the Empire balked since it was too expensive. Incom then took it to the Alliance and sold it to them.

Surprised he hasn't named a character or planet 'boobies' yet.

Bones would sue, I imagine.

tumblr_mys7i9tnhB1qbcq9qo1_500.jpg

-slym

We were in line at the grocery store recently and my 2-year-old daughter points to a Cosmo and screams "BOOBIES!!!". The gentlemen behind us thought it was rather funny.

Star Wars game: how many oo's can you find:

Artoo

Naboo

Dooku

Wookie

Tatooine

Lucas has a fondness for 'oo'.

Lucas clearly is a great ideas guy. He gets lost in the details sometimes. Among moviemakers (and less well known outside the industry), he is also legendary for his editing taste.

He had a hand in what many regard as the best edit ever, the baptism scene in Godfather, and the opening of the ark in Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Did John Williams score this movie?
He will, yes.

Great, a couple of decent "themes" then 90 minutes of filler.

Wow, really Kav? Now you're just trolling.

Peace,

Chip

Eh?

It's okay. Apparently Kav has one more of these than Mr. Williams does and is thusly qualified to complain about his work.

Academy_Award_trophy.jpgAcademy_Award_trophy.jpgAcademy_Award_trophy.jpgAcademy_Award_trophy.jpgAcademy_Award_trophy.jpg

Man, all blown up like that, an Oscar kind of reminds me of the gimp from Pulp Fiction. Maybe that's an issue for me.

He will, yes.

Peace,

Chip

lol

The insult of all insults.

I agree with Buzz,

Revenge of the sith was good. I think it's the third best SW film, after empire and new hope

Elements of RotS were good, the action pieces, the opening scene, Christopher Lee's short part, seeing Yoda facing off against Palpatine, Obi Wan V Anakin but ultimately the -script was terrible and its still too CGI heavy that almost makes it look too much like a computer game.

In my opinion I'd have to put Return of the Jedi ahead of the prequels, as "hammy" as Harrison Ford was in it, the -script and acting were much better.

Abahams has done miracles on Star Trek and I can only expect the same for Star Wars VII.

He will, yes.

Peace,

Chip

lol

The insult of all insults.

You ain't kidding!

I agree with Buzz,

Revenge of the sith was good. I think it's the third best SW film, after empire and new hope

Elements of RotS were good, the action pieces, the opening scene, Christopher Lee's short part, seeing Yoda facing off against Palpatine, Obi Wan V Anakin but ultimately the -script was terrible and its still too CGI heavy that almost makes it look too much like a computer game.

In my opinion I'd have to put Return of the Jedi ahead of the prequels, as "hammy" as Harrison Ford was in it, the -script and acting were much better.

Abahams has done miracles on Star Trek and I can only expect the same for Star Wars VII.

One word - Ewoks

I agree with Buzz,

One word - Ewoks

True. But I can forgive Ewoks when stacked up by the appalling acting in the prequels.

I had always heard that the original idea for Jedi was that it was a band of Wookies who had crash landed on Endor? Oh what could have been!

I agree with Buzz,

One word - Ewoks

Ewoks are so much better than Gungans, younglings and all the other garbage in Episode 3.

Jedi is still a good movie, and needs to be placed ahead of all the prequels.

Jim

I agree with Buzz,

One word - Ewoks

True. But I can forgive Ewoks when stacked up by the appalling acting in the prequels.

I had always heard that the original idea for Jedi was that it was a band of Wookies who had crash landed on Endor? Oh what could have been!

The original idea was that Endor was the home world of the Wookiees and they joined with the Alliance, but was changed due to budgetary reasons. They ended up making up for it with Kaskyyyk being in Episode III.