• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

If Kav directed it I can guarantee everyone would like it

Yes I've done some film directing

How'd you fit that in? I figured your ninja training would take up most, if not all, of your free time.

The biggest complaints about SW is the cute characters-yet they still keep throwing em at us.

Guess what kids don't need a 'cute' character to enjoy a movie. Mostly they think they're dumb too.

The biggest complaint from a few vocal fanbosy are the cute characters. I doubt Disney/Lucasfilm care too much what a few vocal fanboys think. Star Wars merchandising revenue eclipses the movie revenue and Disney/Lucasfilm will make tons of money regardless of the cuteness factor.

Oh how I would love to post them

I can't get my buddy to convert them from the DVDs

One day......

People laff like crazy at these epics!!!!!!

Are we talking Ed Wood territory here?

Kav, did any of your actors die mid movie so you had them hold a vampire cape over their face the rest of the way? That's Oscar territory.

I agree with SoT. In addition, maybe Lucas isn't the best director with respect to directing actors, but I appreciate his visual style (independent of his special editions). JJ's trailer looks nice, but the aesthetic departs somewhat from Lucas' brand.

Got a question for you guys.

I know Disney has picked Rian Johnson as director for the next two films... http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/06/21/star-wars-rian-johnson/11208829/ ...But, If you could have your say on who directed the next 2 episodes, who would you want? Who do you think would be a good fit for Star Wars?

Wes Anderson... lol

Seriously... what would Nolan do?

In all seriousness...

I would love to see what Spielberg would do if given free reign.

I would rather have George Lucas back. Spielberg is another one who is 20 years past his prime. To bad making movies and being an athlete aren't the same thing. Most of these 80's guys needed to stay back in the 80's.

Stephen Colbert explains why the lightsaber is functionally correct... and I think he's actually right.... it starts at about 3:14:

http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:colbertnation.com:dce0be33-62af-482e-9432-35cf917d29a1

I noticed he still had no explanation for that ball-droid though. I guess we'll have to wait another 2 weeks for that one.

New bad guy lightsaber looks silly.

Thought it was a nice nod to Excalibur

Just came across this -

http://www.movieweb.com/star-wars-7-force-awakens-mark-hamill-interview-1983

He at one time asked, 'Would you consider playing an Obi-Wan-type character handing Excalibur down to the next generation?' I said, 'When would that be?' and at the time he said, 'Aww, around 2011.'

How'd you fit that in? I figured your ninja training would take up most, if not all, of your free time.

Looking back on my life I don't see how I was able to do so much stuff. In college I was taking full course hard science, dancing with a ballet company, working 30 hrs a week at an auto parts store, taking karate and still went to parties, the beach, had a girlfriend, etc.

I just can't believe it. Nowadays a trip to the supermarket is a huge deal for me.

Looking back on my life I don't see how I was able to do so much stuff. In college I was taking full course hard science, dancing with a ballet company, working 30 hrs a week at an auto parts store, taking karate and still went to parties, the beach, had a girlfriend, etc.

I just can't believe it. Nowadays a trip to the supermarket is a huge deal for me.

What happened that made you change? Was it a single, traumatic event? A bunch of seemingly insignificant "raindrops" that amounted to an ocean?

Dancing with a ballet company?

Yes the sacramento ballet and theater ballet

I have been in nutcracker, coppelia, cinderella, giselle etc countless times. What made me change was I got old!

I noticed he still had no explanation for that ball-droid though. I guess we'll have to wait another 2 weeks for that one.

The design is based on our already existing rudimentary magnetic levitation and propulsion technology. There is your explanation.