• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

That's ridiculous. #3 of all time right now.

It's more balanced to look at it on the adjusted for inflation list...it won't crack the top 20 on that.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Yup. Just one page back, that was touched on.

How do these stack up after inflation? hm

Just domestic alone...

bq0gal1.png

idNjhlNWJjNWM2NzZj-ac8c259bb00791a2db904ae51e9eb29d.jpg

That's ridiculous. #3 of all time right now.

It's more balanced to look at it on the adjusted for inflation list...it won't crack the top 20 on that.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

No, but only 1 movie since 1999 is ranked higher on the adjusted list, Avatar. Not bad. Nobody predicted this at the beginning of the summer. AOU was the predicted summer winner and it didn't even come close to Jurassic Park's domestic numbers.

domestic numbers are irrelevant

I was responding to a post that was looking at adjusted numbers. There is no international adjusted numbers chart.

And for good reason due to the differences in distribution markets at the time. Domestic was the queen of the hill for so many decades.

I was responding to a post that was looking at adjusted numbers. There is no international adjusted numbers chart.

And for good reason due to the differences in distribution markets at the time. Domestic was the queen of the hill for so many decades.

I agree. I bet it would be impossible to find out the International numbers for most movies pre-2000 or so. In my head, Star Wars is probably the king of movies internationally adjusted for today's dollars. Movies like ET or Raiders of the Lost Ark are probably right behind it. lol

I agree. I bet it would be impossible to find out the International numbers for most movies pre-2000 or so. In my head, Star Wars is probably the king of movies internationally adjusted for today's dollars. Movies like ET or Raiders of the Lost Ark are probably right behind it. lol

Not sure about ET. Personal little films never do too well. Especially, personal little American films. Maybe too much dialouge, I don't know. But, ET was a merchandising phenomenon (like Frozen)from '82-'85 , that's for sure.

Just got done watching it (finally). It's a solid little entry in the franchise with a lot of commentary on science and nature which I liked (I write a wilderness column after all). Like every movie in this genre, you could see the secondary characters listed as "lunch" in the credits and with 100% mortality rates, so there wasn't so many surprises in that department, yet this was the first one since the original that felt like it had a plot. Chris Pratt gave us a Harrison Ford hero for the 21st century, sadly Bryce Howard's heroine role was a bit uneven to justify herself in an eventual sequel. Her silent motivations to turn herself into Ripley came totally out-of-the-blue and felt too scripted. I'd rather see the real couple of this movie in the next installment (Pratt and his raptor ally, Blue).

Three out of four stars.

Jurassic Park***

Jurassic World***

Jurassic Park: The Lost World**

Jurassic Park III**

I also have finally seen this film.

I was entertained, but I think it was more because I shared the viewing with one of my friends and we laughed together at the stupidity of this film.

The latter half especially, we watched the silly raptors with headsets???, we watched the fight between the dinosaurs that felt more like a wrestling match ( heck at the end all the dinosaurs even went back to their "dressing rooms" ).

What an awful movie.

Jurassic Park 4/4

Jurassic Park 2 2/4

Jurassic Park 3 2/4

Jurassic World 1/4

I was entertained, but I think it was more because I shared the viewing with one of my friends and we laughed together at the stupidity of this film.

The latter half especially, we watched the silly raptors with headsets???, we watched the fight between the dinosaurs that felt more like a wrestling match ( heck at the end all the dinosaurs even went back to their "dressing rooms" ).

What an awful movie.

Jurassic Park 4/4

Jurassic Park 2 2/4

Jurassic Park 3 2/4

Jurassic World 1/4

I enjoyed JW, but its not a the masterpiece of the first one.

However, I think JP3 was the worst of them by a country mile.

What an awful movie.

Jurassic Park 4/4

Jurassic Park 2 2/4

Jurassic Park 3 2/4

Jurassic World 1/4

I enjoyed JW, but its not a the masterpiece of the first one.

However, I think JP3 was the worst of them by a country mile.

We can agree on that.

I just re-watched Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park: The Lost World and they were pretty good.

I loved the connection of Jurassic Park to Jurassic World at the end!

I am glad this once dormant franchise is relevant again! (thumbs u

I finally saw this and I really liked it.

Lots of good stuff in it.

Some scary scenes.

The CGI was really modern.

Chris Pratt continues to make hits.

Classic ending.

This was my favorite of the four Jurassic Park movies.

I can see why it did so good at the box office.

(thumbs u

Finally got to see it last night. I have to agree, that was quite entertaining.

I still like the first movie more than any of the others. It had that fresh feeling with the -script and subject matter. And with Jeff Goldblum's Dr. Ian Malcolm role and his points about chaotician theory, a level of comedy while passing on a message we should be extremely careful with bioengineering and what it brings back from extinction.

Still, I would give Jurassic World 3/5 stars. It was worth a watch!

I finally saw this and I really liked it.

Lots of good stuff in it.

Some scary scenes.

The CGI was really modern.

Chris Pratt continues to make hits.

Classic ending.

This was my favorite of the four Jurassic Park movies.

I can see why it did so good at the box office.

(thumbs u

Finally got to see it last night. I have to agree, that was quite entertaining.

I still like the first movie more than any of the others. It had that fresh feeling with the -script and subject matter. And with Jeff Goldblum's Dr. Ian Malcolm role and his points about chaotician theory, a level of comedy while passing on a message we should be extremely careful with bioengineering and what it brings back from extinction.

Still, I would give Jurassic World 3/5 stars. It was worth a watch!

Great movie. I can't wait for the sequel.