• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

Just saw it last night in 3D and really enjoyed it. As a kid, Jurassic Park was one of my favorite movies of all time.

Just a couple of things I didn't like:

Why would they go in the I. Rex cage before they checked the tracking device? Is claw marks all it takes to for people to suspend rational thought?

Also the whole divorce aspect with the parents. I really feel they could've just left that whole part out and it wouldn't have affected the story in anyway. There was no resolution at the end to justify it remaining in the film.

Or...

That Bryce Howard was still in high heels when sh hit the fan. Out running a T-Rex on asphalt? Sheesh!

Just saw it last night with my daughter. It was ok. The odd thing for me was

at the end when they get the Indominus Rex eaten everything is a-ok. Despite the fact that they still have the Tyrannosaurus rex and a velociraptor out and about.

at the end when they get the Indominus Rex eaten everything is a-ok. Despite the fact that they still have the Tyrannosaurus rex and a velociraptor out and about.

those were two of the more plausible explanations. 1)the T-Rex was worn down from battle and didn't really want to engage in another so soon. 2) the velociraptor agreed, and also nodded to chris pratt, that he was leaving to the wild.

That being said, I wonder more about the flying reptiles that dissapeared conveniently.. and who knows how many other creatures that might be roaming about.

those were two of the more plausible explanations. 1)the T-Rex was worn down from battle and didn't really want to engage in another so soon. 2) the velociraptor agreed, and also nodded to chris pratt, that he was leaving to the wild.

That being said, I wonder more about the flying reptiles that dissapeared conveniently.. and who knows how many other creatures that might be roaming about.

Ok three more things. Two that bothered me (or my daughter):

1:

How the heck were those flying reptiles able to pick up human beings. They were about the same size and the only way birds/bats can fly is they have hollow bones and weigh about half of what we do. Birds of prey usually get animals about 1/4 of their size.

2:

My daughter, who is 14 and has never seen Jurrasic Park, asked me what it was about. And I said, "Pretty much exactly the same thing." She asked "How the hell were they able to reopen the park if all that happened before? And who the hell would go?"

3:

One thing I liked was...

The way they seemed to poke fun at themselves by saying how they needed to create these bigger, nastier dinos because people (moviegoers) demanded it. lol

Ok three more things. Two that bothered me (or my daughter):

1:

How the heck were those flying reptiles able to pick up human beings. They were about the same size and the only way birds/bats can fly is they have hollow bones and weigh about half of what we do. Birds of prey usually get animals about 1/4 of their size.

2:

My daughter, who is 14 and has never seen Jurrasic Park, asked me what it was about. And I said, "Pretty much exactly the same thing." She asked "How the hell were they able to reopen the park if all that happened before? And who the hell would go?"

3:

One thing I liked was...

The way they seemed to poke fun at themselves by saying how they needed to create these bigger, nastier dinos because people (moviegoers) demanded it. lol

I think some of it, we just have to chalk up to suspension of disbelief. I know there are a crowd that now believe dinosaurs had feathers and are peeved about it..... I can imagine there would be a lot of complaints if they did.

For some weird reason, I thought I read somewhere that Ian Malcolm made a cameo lecturing them on messing with nature, and I was all excited to see it (waited all the way till the end)... that's what I get for reading all the buzz before going.

My problem with this movie is, you didn't care about any of the human characters.

The Aunt was a B. The older brother was unlikable. The younger brother was no Timmy.

Chris Pratt was cool.

But in JP you cared about Grant and Ellie, you cared about Hammond and the kids, you cared about Malcolm. You even cared about the blood sucking lawyer!

Was checking out the latest numbers and Jurassic World blew past Avengers AOU domestically and internationally. It looks like it will pass Furious 7 internationally too. Nobody predicted this would have happened at the beginning of summer.

Wow, wow wow!

YJbbham.png

Current international numbers show Jurassic World passed Furious 7 at $1,513,474,000. It is now within $6,000,000 of the first Avengers movie. Should pass it by mid-week.

I think it is comfortable to say Jurassic World will sit at #3 worldwide until the Star Wars movie passes it sometime early next year.

Fast and Furious 7 was a terrible movie

All that matters is the box office take. That is the argument I'm hearing on other threads especially with regards to Iron Man 3. (Also a terrible movie that did terrific numbers.)