• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

star wars could be the only movie to hit $2 billion these year. i do see in the future the top 5 movies to be $2 billion movies and maybe #1 spot to be $3 billion film.

Skyfall (Bond 23) did $1.1 billion worldwide. If Spectre really pulls it all together, this may end up exceeding all the Bond film totals.

Looks like Jurassic World will top The Avengers at the end of this coming weekend. Wow. (worship)

It isn't me, I have yet to see the movie.

Go and see it to help push it over the top with that piece of trash Marvel flick. lol

It just took an extra day.

BOX OFFICE: JURASSIC WORLD Passes THE AVENGERS To Become #3 Movie Of All-Time

Yeserday, Jurassic World took a bite out of Marvel by passing Joss Whedon's The Avengers to become the third highest grossing movie of all-time. Analysts have been predicting that it would happen for a while now, but it's finally official thanks to the Colin Trevorrow helmed movie hitting $1.522 billion at the global box office, passing The Avengers' haul of $1.520 billion in the process.

I noticed boxofficemojo hasn't updated its numbers yet, or it would reflect this as well.

Crazy.

It's a fun movie but its not THAT good!

That's what a few people at work said to me today when I shared the news.

"THAT movie??!!"

Interesting how something comes along like that and grabs so much attention.

Crazy.

It's a fun movie but its not THAT good!

I thought it captured a lot of the magic from JP #1 reaonably well with a dash of Indiana Jones thrown in by Pratt. It's just hard to be objective aboit it after being jaded by two other sequels.

I didn't think it was $2 BIL good but I think then new forms of marketing are just as responsible for the profit as movie quality is.

I had heard $1.5 billion drives some action.

Jurassic World Sequel Officially Announced For 2018

Universal Studios has officially announced a sequel to Jurassic World (as if there was ever any doubt).

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will both return to star, and Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow will co-write the sequel's -script with Derek Connolly.

Jurassic World Returning To IMAX For One Week Only

IMAX and Universal Pictures announced today that Jurassic World, the second-highest grossing film in IMAX history, is returning to the large-screen format. Beginning August 28, Jurassic World will receive a special week-long engagement in domestic IMAX 3D theatres.

"Starting with its record-shattering debut in IMAX theatres around the globe, Jurassic World truly has become a cultural phenomenon," said Greg Foster, Senior Executive Vice President, IMAX Corp. and CEO of IMAX Entertainment. "We're proud to have been a part of this ground-breaking release and now we look forward to offering audiences another opportunity to experience Jurassic World in IMAX."