• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool GA Crime

327 posts in this topic

Thanks fellas... I was hoping for a 6.0 on the 2 but that may have been optimistic. I'm happy with the 5.5 although nothing like the copy I've seen Adamstrange post.

The 2 I will most likely sell and then pick up a nice raw 6.5/7.0 I've been looking at. Hopefully the seller will sell to me. :wishluck:

These 2 arrived back from cgc.... I received a nice bump in grade on the 3, with just a straight resub, no press... I may be putting it on the chopping block... I'm happy with the 2. I also like the addition of the used in POP notation. I don't remember seeing that before on a label.

TrueCrimeComics2cgc5_5crmow.jpg

TC3cgc8_5.jpg

Both are cool, but that #3 is just dreamy :cloud9:

Beautiful books!

Say... who did do the cover of Jo-Jo 25, if not Baker? It doesn't especially look like Baker to me. Maybe Kamen?

There was a discussion of this point in the Baker thread a few weeks ago. A couple of people who know his work better than I do made the argument against the attribution based on the way the cover was drawn.

Overstreet has no notation for that issue, but has a notation at the bottom of the Jo-Jo listing: "Note: many bondage-c/a by Baker/Kamen/Feldstein/Good."

CGC, presumably following Overstreet, doesn't attribute the cover to Baker on the slab label.

GCD attributes both the pencils and inks for the cover to Baker.

The new book on Baker notes that "Jim Vadeboncoeur Jr thinks that this is not Baker but an Iger Studio artist swiping him."

Apparently, the collaborative nature of some of the work coming out of the Iger Studio combined with the desire of other artists they employed to copy the styles of Baker and Kamen make it hard to know for sure who drew the cover.