• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool GA Crime

327 posts in this topic

Lawbreakers Suspense Stories 12, Northford copy, highest graded.

Possibly one of my favorite books with a "make your skin crawl" cover.

LSS122.jpg

Yep. An awesome book that's tough to get in even mid-grade. Here's mine;

Very cool. I love the colors on that cover.

Classic, classic, classic.

Highest graded copy.

CDNP332.jpg

(worship):takeit: I remember seeing you post this book before. It's never left my thoughts since. I'm sure that's a book you'll take to the grave with you, but if you decide not to let me know. :baiting:

It makes mine look like a rag.

th_cdnp33.jpg

Lawbreakers Suspense Stories 15, Classic Acid in Face cover by Giordano. Brutal interior stories as well.

lawbreakers1579649.jpg

I'd love to see some interior shots. I don't have this book, generally allowing myself to get outbid, but if the stories are good, I might try a little harder.

This and #11 tend overshadow #12, but I would agree with others that #12 has a very creepy cover.

These 2 arrived back from cgc.... I received a nice bump in grade on the 3, with just a straight resub, no press... I may be putting it on the chopping block... I'm happy with the 2. I also like the addition of the used in POP notation. I don't remember seeing that before on a label.

TrueCrimeComics2cgc5_5crmow.jpg

TC3cgc8_5.jpg

These 2 arrived back from cgc.... I received a nice bump in grade on the 3, with just a straight resub, no press... I may be putting it on the chopping block... I'm happy with the 2. I also like the addition of the used in POP notation. I don't remember seeing that before on a label.

TrueCrimeComics2cgc5_5crmow.jpg

TC3cgc8_5.jpg

The 3 is such a great cover!

Overstreet notes when a book is used in POP. Does CGC ever deviate from Overstreet? On debatable points -- such as whether the cover of Jo-Jo 25 is by Baker -- they seem to always follow Overstreet. They sometimes omit something that's in Overstreet, but I don't know of instances where they add something that isn't in Overstreet. I would be interested in hearing about any contrary cases.