• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool GA Crime

327 posts in this topic

I have a paperback book with this same cover.

1278707-ParoleBreakers2.jpg

I like that! nice.. thumbsup2.gif

Here's the pb book. I guess Avon was saving a little money on cover art.

1280004-unf.jpg

They did this with several books, including Reform School Girl. It does look like they ponied up the big bucks to change the gun to a letter (or vice versa). tongue.gif

The comic was 1952, the book 1955, so I'm assuming it was a gun first.

headbang.gif

That's interesting. I had always thought that the majority of the re-use was from ppb covers to comic covers. Cool info.

I just got through going over my Wanted Comics run, and I thought I'd share what I though were the (lesser known) highlights of the covers.

Wanted 24

w24.jpg

Wanted 27: Not sure why, but this cover just really draws you in. Great work.

w27.jpg

Wanted 30

w30.jpg

Wanted 33

w33.jpg

Enjoy them!!!

Interesting cover by an artist I don't know much about.

The woman looks a lot like Lucille Ball -- does she have red hair in the story? The cop even looks a bit like William Frawley, although Lucy's TV show didn't start until 1951.

Why is the dead guy's skin green? Gamma rays? Call out the Overstreet prototype committee!

Thanks,

Jack

I just got through going over my Wanted Comics run, and I thought I'd share what I though were the (lesser known) highlights of the covers.

Wanted 30

w30.jpg

Enjoy them!!!

Alittle too much blurbage on this cover - but the image is smokin'. Any body recall the pulp that this cover was swiped from - I foolishly allowed myself to be outbid on a copy a few years back, and now can't recall it's title.

689078-cdnp24.jpg

I am humbled in your presence my lord.... hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Bump!

Thanks for bumping this thread after almost 2 hours after my bumpit.gifbumpit.gif first post in this thread in 6 months....I have to give credit though to ADAMSTRANGE , who busted you over here with his comments over in the HAVE A CIGAR, GOLDEN AGE ONLY THREAD....really though, WHO CARES ???
[color=red]
I've never seen this cover before, until I was browsing ebay tonight (which I've done, periodically, for about 10 years now)
..38356016_o.jpg