• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what is your grail?

95 posts in this topic

Depends on how we term grail. If we're talking about grail as in I would liquidate everything I own and go into huge amounts of debt for even the chance to own it, then there is only one thing I can think of. The OA cover for AF 15.

Depends on how we term grail. If we're talking about grail as in I would liquidate everything I own and go into huge amounts of debt for even the chance to own it, then there is only one thing I can think of. The OA cover for AF 15.

It's in the Library of Congress but that wouldn't stop Nicolas Cage

No it isn't. All of the pages were donated EXCEPT the cover. "According to curator Sara Duke, an anonymous donor has given the 24 pages of original interior artwork from Amazing Fantasy #15 to the Library of Congress' Prints and Photographs division."

Trust me, I've already seen the collection in person lol

No it isn't. All of the pages were donated EXCEPT the cover. "According to curator Sara Duke, an anonymous donor has given the 24 pages of original interior artwork from Amazing Fantasy #15 to the Library of Congress' Prints and Photographs division."

I thought that might be the case, but then I couldn't crack the joke

My understanding aligns with what I believe is the consensus that the cover exists and that the artwork was stolen resulting in the reason that it was an anonymous donation. The guy who took it probably said... I an dump all the art because I can never sell it because I am not supposed to have this. However, I will keep the cover.

My original response...

Make me an offer for it and we will talk... :baiting:

Fishler ?

:jokealert:

I think most of us have numerous grails. I was fortunate enough to have acquired a good many of them this year, many of which i have not even posted yet on the boards. But if i had a top three: Pep Comics #11, Zip Comics #22, and Fight Against Crime #20

There is no Grail. If I ever acquired what I perceived as my grail, it would only be a matter of time before I decided there is something else I desire more.

(thumbs u

I've probably acquired like 5 "grails" over the last few years.

Hence, I realized I have no grails and probably never did.

My grail comic is Fantastic Four #1. It's my most favorite comic owned over the past 43 years of collecting, and I consider it a cultural icon and the single most important SA comic book.

Originally, it was FF#5. I finally got one of those a few years ago (maybe 5 years?).

Then it was AF#15, which I never thought I'd own. Got one in summer 2013.

I guess next mega key would be FF#1.

Vampirella_1_SS_9-4.jpg

(thumbs u

This looks familiar.

Is that yours?

Wish it still was. I owned it back in 2008. If I remember, another boardie (somewhereintexas) sold it to me.