• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian Original Art Scammer - Richard Rae
1 1

107 posts in this topic

Now in regards to the trade deal Bob wanted with me...where is his tracking number. I did post the Kirby/Royer and I intend to sue. Anyway...I didn't like the deal he was after and I turned him down... I guess just so he could see if he could put togeather a better trade deal in regards to his trade offer to me...Otherwise this deal would have been compleated

As a matter of infomation all of these deals are "old" and the details are "lies"

Most Australian comics are cr*p, sorry but it's true. Oi Oi Oi may be in the newsagents but it is appalling what kid would want to read it??? My up and comming publication UNEARTH will show everyone and will be distributed where the kids go as well as Diamond.

Now I was intending to pay Ralph Reese but after hearing what he has said about me being a screwball and loony he is now fired....and all monies must be returned or I will seek legal acton.

So I hope this info helps everyone

Kindest Regards.

Richard in Australia

Glad that Ralph got some money. A shame that the publication will never see the light of day, as the character is one that Rae was specifically forbidden to use by the rights holders.

Nat Karmichael Bill I have just messaged Richard to ask him to clearly state his position. I expect he will do so. He is well aware the Wedd family do NOT wish to have The Scorpion character used. This is not a slight on Richard...they want NO ONE to use the character. Which is fair enough. And I do believe Richard will say this when he makes his statement.

Justin Wedd Hi All, Monty Wedd's "The Scorpion" will not be continued. I am Monty's son and state that it is my mother's wish (Dorothy Wedd) that her late husband's (Monty Wedd) work not be continued by any other artist. The Wedd family hold the copyright for all Monty Wedd's body of works. .

Ralph Reese this is the first I am hearing about any of this.... I guess the deal fell through....

December 10 at 5:14pm

Terry.... why don't you get off my back?

Back like a bad smell.

Here is an extract from an email I received from an Australian dealer who knew Richard Rae in the 1980s in Sydney:

I REMEMBER RICHARD BACK FROM THE 80S. HE'S ALWAYS BEEN DODGY. HE OUTRIGHT STOLE FROM MANY COLLECTORS AND ARTISTS, OFTEN FROM THEIR HOMES. STEVE SMITH, PETER LEDGER, PAUL POWER. RICHARD'S STORE COMIC EMPIRE WAS KNOWN FOR THEIR AND DISHONEST PRACTICES.

HE SO CALLED EDITED A BOOK CALLED CARTOONISTS OF AUSTRALIA WHERE HE GOT OTHERS TO WRITE THE ACTUAL TEXT. A LOT OF VALUABLE ART WAS LOANED TO RICHARD FROM THE CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS AND NEVER RETURNED. I SUSPECT HE EITHER STILL HAS IT OR HAS SOLD IT. THIS IS ART BY MONTEY WEDD, STAN NICHOLLS, JIMMY BANCKS, RON VIVIAN etc.

THE 1986 CONVENTION WAS A POORLY ORGANISED FARCE AND RICHARD AND HIS PARTNER PETER MITRIS WASTED MOST OF THE MONEY ON DRUGS. MITRIS WAS BASHED AND MURDERED A FEW YEARS LATER IN A GANGLAND STYLE KILLING.

RICHARD'S MOSTLY SHUNNED THESE DAYS, LAST I HEARD HE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO APPROACH HIS EX WIFE & KIDS DUE TO AN AVO BUT IS STILL UP TO HIS OLD ANTICS.

Most Australian comics are cr*p, sorry but it's true. Oi Oi Oi may be in the newsagents but it is appalling what kid would want to read it??? My up and comming publication UNEARTH will show everyone and will be distributed where the kids go as well as Diamond.

Now I was intending to pay Ralph Reese but after hearing what he has said about me being a screwball and loony he is now fired....and all monies must be returned or I will seek legal acton.

Does anyone have contact with Rich Buckler or Bill Messner-Loebs? We need to get them to withdraw their work from this "Unearth" comic as it may damage their professional reputations to be associated with Rae.

Does anyone have contact with Rich Buckler or Bill Messner-Loebs? We need to get them to withdraw their work from this "Unearth" comic as it may damage their professional reputations to be associated with Rae.

I was in contact with Rich Buckler several years ago, highlighting the business of Rae trying to sell his light-boxed Captain America as being an original 'Steranko/Buckler' illustration.

Rich, at the time was (painfully) aware of Rae's dishonest practices.

Is Rich's work for 'Unearth' something he produced before he became aware of Rae's true nature? I find it hard to believe that he would actually want to go back and collaborate further with old, 'Hip, Hip, Ho Rae' . . . hm

Back like a bad smell.

Here is an extract from an email I received from an Australian dealer who knew Richard Rae in the 1980s in Sydney:

I REMEMBER RICHARD BACK FROM THE 80S. HE'S ALWAYS BEEN DODGY. HE OUTRIGHT STOLE FROM MANY COLLECTORS AND ARTISTS, OFTEN FROM THEIR HOMES. STEVE SMITH, PETER LEDGER, PAUL POWER. RICHARD'S STORE COMIC EMPIRE WAS KNOWN FOR THEIR AND DISHONEST PRACTICES.

HE SO CALLED EDITED A BOOK CALLED CARTOONISTS OF AUSTRALIA WHERE HE GOT OTHERS TO WRITE THE ACTUAL TEXT. A LOT OF VALUABLE ART WAS LOANED TO RICHARD FROM THE CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS AND NEVER RETURNED. I SUSPECT HE EITHER STILL HAS IT OR HAS SOLD IT. THIS IS ART BY MONTEY WEDD, STAN NICHOLLS, JIMMY BANCKS, RON VIVIAN etc.

THE 1986 CONVENTION WAS A POORLY ORGANISED FARCE AND RICHARD AND HIS PARTNER PETER MITRIS WASTED MOST OF THE MONEY ON DRUGS. MITRIS WAS BASHED AND MURDERED A FEW YEARS LATER IN A GANGLAND STYLE KILLING.

RICHARD'S MOSTLY SHUNNED THESE DAYS, LAST I HEARD HE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO APPROACH HIS EX WIFE & KIDS DUE TO AN AVO BUT IS STILL UP TO HIS OLD ANTICS.

Given Hip, Hip, Ho Rae's poor command of the English language, I often wondered how he could write such a book?

Now I know! lol

I heard about Rae's murdered business partner a while back. Am I right in thinking they never recovered a body or nailed anyone for the murder?

Back like a bad smell.

Given Hip, Hip, Ho Rae's poor command of the English language, I often wondered how he could write such a book?

Now I know! lol

I heard about Rae's murdered business partner a while back. Am I right in thinking they never recovered a body or nailed anyone for the murder?

Oh, here's Hip, Hip, Ho Rae's comments from an old Pulp-Faction post he made:

"I have been accused of everything short of murder and that’s only because they can’t find a body to pin on me... yet (ha)... they got close with the horrific and sad murder of my long time friend and ex-partner Peter Mitris (R.I.P.) "

I was in contact with Rich Buckler several years ago, highlighting the business of Rae trying to sell his light-boxed Captain America as being an original 'Steranko/Buckler' illustration.

Is Rich's work for 'Unearth' something he produced before he became aware of Rae's true nature? I find it hard to believe that he would actually want to go back and collaborate further with old, 'Hip, Hip, Ho Rae' . . . hm

The work intended for 'Unearth' is the same that Rich has referred to in the past:

I am sorry that I actually did get duped into contributing to one of his publishing ventures. If he is actually not at fault in my dealings with him that went south--well, how come it has been over a year now and he still hasn't straightened anything out yet?

Has Buckler actually been properly paid yet? I doubt it. Does he want to be associated with such a book and publisher as Richard Rae? Richard is shilling this book on Facebook by stating Buckler, Loeb and Royer's involvement. Most of the work was done years ago.

The work intended for 'Unearth' is the same that Rich has referred to in the past:

I am sorry that I actually did get duped into contributing to one of his publishing ventures. If he is actually not at fault in my dealings with him that went south--well, how come it has been over a year now and he still hasn't straightened anything out yet?

Has Buckler actually been properly paid yet? I doubt it. Does he want to be associated with such a book and publisher as Richard Rae? Richard is shilling this book on Facebook by stating Buckler, Loeb and Royer's involvement. Most of the work was done years ago.

At this point I don't think raking-up any of this sordid business with Rich Buckler is such a good idea.

Hip, Hip, Ho Rae may have duped those guys into contributing but, hopefully, no further involvement will be forthcoming.

. . . and he's just 'fired' Ralph Reese for saying that he's a screwball.

At this point I don't think raking-up any of this sordid business with Rich Buckler is such a good idea.

Hip, Hip, Ho Rae may have duped those guys into contributing but, hopefully, no further involvement will be forthcoming.

Hmmm... Perhaps. Rich Buckler did ask to be kept informed on the trouble Rae was causing. Does he know that Rae is advertising his book all over Facebook as featuring him as a major contributor?

Hmmm... Perhaps. Rich Buckler did ask to be kept informed on the trouble Rae was causing. Does he know that Rae is advertising his book all over Facebook as featuring him as a major contributor?

No idea and I don't feel compelled to ask (as I say, I don't want to rake-up a potentially painful reminder, sorry).

. . . and if Rae didn't pay Rich back then, what makes you think he's suddenly developed a conscience and is going to pay him now?

Hi Tessa...Good boy....You "blue blood" collectors have given me a hard time but I guess you realise that your pathetic efforts to sop me have failed...

Tried confrountiing me but I'm still here...don't degrade yourself any more

Regarding Rich Buckler he was likable but difficult but his comments have hurt me so I will not pay him any money he claims he is owed and be sure I will be squeezing the value out of the work I got...Same with the cripple

Maybe I'm not totally innocent here(ha!) but you still can pin any bodies on me....You are mostly insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and buttlickers wjo have failed

History will show I am the winner of Terry-gate. I would just like to add to all of you who have contacted me "personally" over the last few days offering me there support I appreciate all of you following my request NOT to enter into this forum actively thank you all.

..regards, Richard