• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian Original Art Scammer - Richard Rae
1 1

107 posts in this topic

Richard has also being submitting his Collector's Society posts as articles to a giveaway ad-zine. Seriously. Here's one of them, published under yet another fake name.

And yeah, that's the Steranko/Buckler lightbox art AGAIN.

5kkjeu.jpg

Can't make out the text. Do you have a link where we can read on-line?

Richard has also being submitting his Collector's Society posts as articles to a giveaway ad-zine. Seriously. Here's one of them, published under yet another fake name.

And yeah, that's the Steranko/Buckler lightbox art AGAIN.

5kkjeu.jpg

I can make out that last paragraph which states that all of the original artwork used to illustrate the article was for sale.

Hope no-one got stung on that lightboxed Steranko . . . (tsk)

That's from the Facebook page of the "publication", doesn't seem to be a bigger version. Here's another bizarre article and cartoon written in incredibly poor taste by Richard Rae, regarding the disposal of dead bodies. You can actually read the text on this one.

6z3klf.jpg

Follow that with this newspaper article written on Richard's murdered business partner Peter Mitris. Feel free to draw your own conclusions:

http://www.crucifix.com.au/crucifix-articles/1996/3/28/unkown-bones/

That's from the Facebook page of the "publication", doesn't seem to be a bigger version. Here's another bizarre article and cartoon written in incredibly poor taste by Richard Rae, regarding the disposal of dead bodies. You can actually read the text on this one.

6z3klf.jpg

Follow that with this newspaper article written on Richard's murdered business partner Peter Mitris. Feel free to draw your own conclusions:

http://www.crucifix.com.au/crucifix-articles/1996/3/28/unkown-bones/

Maybe he's speaking from experience?

The last line of the article was expected (bit like a joke that you've heard before and know the punch-line).

Anyway . . . where is our great leader?

Come back, Richard, I could do with some more laughs at your expense . . . your insane rants just crack me up! lol

Well lets see...someone has been in touch with the distributors "Diamond" and "Kings Comics" among others and they declare that they will not carry my new book Unearth. I suspect it is the trol Terry...Is he the comics police? that guy really do need to “get a life”....he has mummy issue...

I have been through so much...with Peter...my X....in my divorce it seems her goal was not only to get as much as possible but to hurt me as much as possible, so with the help of her police brother and his family including his cop son she succeeded.... because of her actions and those of her family (the Hughes family) hundreds of thousands of dollars have been wasted, well she got her little house up near where her brother lives in the Blue Mountains she is suffering through meno pores, I believe that our heavy drug use when she was young has come back to bite her plus of cause she was egged-on by her brother and his family, they treated this like some kind of croquet match... but their are no winners ... anyone who knows me knows I like to let my hair down and knock down a scotch or two or eight however the exaggerations and blatant lies in Court worked very well but they could not prove murder... by the way I’m of the understanding that there plan was/is to degrade me enough so I would commit suicide on a lighter note I have not been able to draw or write anything for years...everything is older stuff...

Terry as you have now appointed yourself "comics cop" in my opinion he was a bully... so he grew up and they gave him a gun... don't you all feel safer....You have taken away my Unearth comic Terry but we will see like Peter,,I’ve been accused of beating up people but physical violence is not my thing these days, I’ve also been accused murder but they don’t have a body to pin on me... Anyway my drawings showed police as who they really are... a cop can not be a man.

Well lets see...someone has been in touch with the distributors "Diamond" and "Kings Comics" among others and they declare that they will not carry my new book Unearth. I suspect it is the trol Terry...Is he the comics police? that guy really do need to “get a life”....he has mummy issue...

I have been through so much...with Peter...my X....in my divorce it seems her goal was not only to get as much as possible but to hurt me as much as possible, so with the help of her police brother and his family including his cop son she succeeded.... because of her actions and those of her family (the Hughes family) hundreds of thousands of dollars have been wasted, well she got her little house up near where her brother lives in the Blue Mountains she is suffering through meno pores, I believe that our heavy drug use when she was young has come back to bite her plus of cause she was egged-on by her brother and his family, they treated this like some kind of croquet match... but their are no winners ... anyone who knows me knows I like to let my hair down and knock down a scotch or two or eight however the exaggerations and blatant lies in Court worked very well but they could not prove murder... by the way I’m of the understanding that there plan was/is to degrade me enough so I would commit suicide on a lighter note I have not been able to draw or write anything for years...everything is older stuff...

Terry as you have now appointed yourself "comics cop" in my opinion he was a bully... so he grew up and they gave him a gun... don't you all feel safer....You have taken away my Unearth comic Terry but we will see like Peter,,I’ve been accused of beating up people but physical violence is not my thing these days, I’ve also been accused murder but they don’t have a body to pin on me... Anyway my drawings showed police as who they really are... a cop can not be a man.

Sorry to disappoint you, Richard, but I played no part in scuttling your deal to have 'Unearth' distributed by Diamond and King Comics. Had I done so, I would have no problem saying so.

It's no more than you deserve, however. Having spent a lifetime of cheating others . . . you're only reaping what you've sown.

I call that just desserts.

You make it all sound like the problems you've experienced throughout life are all down to the actions of others. You've only yourself to blame, of course, but you're just too dumb to realise it . . .

My sympathies lie with the people that you yourself have hurt.

Anyone else find it weird that when HipHop brings up murder charges, it's always "they can't pin a body on me" and never "I didn't do anything"?

Anyone else find it weird that when HipHop brings up murder charges, it's always "they can't pin a body on me" and never "I didn't do anything"?

Yes . . . and his 'Body Disposal Under Review' piece seems to tie-in.

Edited by Terry Doyle

A former Sydney dealer has shared press clippings and photos which tell some of the story. Peter Mitris ran a comic store called Comic Empire which was at 105 Bathurst St in Sydney Australia. Initially it was Mitris and Rae who were originally friends before things turned sour. Mitris later hired a guy called Ken first in a temp position and then permanently. Rae saw this as an effort to screw him and was very bitter. The 1986 convention ran badly and both Peter Mitris and Richard Rae had brushes with organised crime and drugs. Mitris also seems to have also worked as an architect and Rae had a bizarre run in advertising. More on that later.

Precise details on the Mitris murder are sketchy. The murder occurred around April 17, 1991. Police had been told Mitris was savagely bashed and his body dumped "in the ocean off Sydney" a week later. The body was not found and evidence was sparse. Alleged involvement was from Rae and a certain Jim Taousanis

The alleged reason for the murder was the theft of a large quantity of drugs worth between $30,000 to $100,000 hidden in a shipment to Australia of comics and magazines

The case remains unsolved to our knowledge and charges not laid, mostly due to the lack of a body.

Here is a rare photo of Richard Rae and Peter Mitris some years before the incident.

inzck5.jpg

Next, I have more on Richard scam's with a company called Home Grown and his involvement with fake nude photos of Australian polititian Pauline Hanson.