• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Are they trying to get us to like the Supergirl show??!!

:cloud9:

If they're trying their damnedest to get the Supergirl TV show to have the look and feel of reading a quality Bronze or Copper Age book, they're succeeding in spades.

And...

CBS has released the official synopsis for "Bizarro," the upcoming, February 1 episode of Supergirl.

“Bizarro” – Kara faces off against her mirror image when Bizarro (Hope Lauren), a twisted version of Supergirl, sets out to destroy her. Also, Kara grows closer with Cat’s son, Adam (Blake Jenner), on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

:whee:

Cat's son is played by her real life husband.

CBS President Hints The Flash & Supergirl Crossover Might Be In The Works

They seem even more likely now following comments made by CBS president, Glenn Geller when asked if the two super heroes could crossover much like Arrow and Flash do annually.

“I have to be really careful what I say here,” Geller said on the Television Critics Association press tour. "Watch and wait and see what happens,” he concluded.

The answer is quite different in comparison to that of former CBS president, Nina Tassler, who bluntly stated, "Right now we're not doing it."

:o:o:o

:wishluck:

Supergirl Producer Explains How Kara's Relationship With Henshaw Will Change This Season

During a talk with reporters at the Television Critics Association, showrunners explained that the revelation that Henshaw is a Martian will fundamentally change some aspects of his relationship with Kara -- and might actually bring them closer in a surprising way.

"As much experience as Hank brings to Kara in terms of the DEO and all, Kara brings this new 'coming out', in terms of, self," said executive producer Ali Adler. "And, I think, for J’Onn J’Onzz, who doesn’t know his familiar form anymore -- he’s been around a long, long time and never been able to walk amongst humans in the way that Kara has -- I think, she does a lot of teaching in ways that is really sweet."

I like that. I can see Kara passing on that experience.

Next Episode

Name: Childish Things

Countdown: 1 week, 1 day

Date: Mon Jan 18, 2016

And I just got my wife hooked on this show. Great!

:(

Interesting hm

To peek or not to peek...

ARRGGHHH - I typoed "Oh Come On" and made it "Oh Come One". Fixed now. :blush:

I liked last night's episode.

Finding out Winn has a dark past with his dad was interesting. Especially because he has a fear if he keeps things bottled up like his father, he could go off the deep end as well.

I never realized Toyman could be so dangerous. That prison breakout scene was pretty cool!

David Harewood in a superhero show is so cool. All though his Homeland episodes, I kept thinking he would be a good fit in a movie or TV show about superheroes. They really did great setting him up as Martian Manhunter. Poor Winn, though. Finding out Kara doesn't feel the same way made me feel bad for him.

Maxwell Lord, on the other hand. That dude is bad news!

Last night's episode, for me, was the first disappointing episode of the series. Kinda meh. I don't feel bad for Winn. He needs to learn when NOT to make a move. And the character was over-acted, I thought. Anyway, that episode is history. I hope we get back on track next week with the White Martian story line/subplot.

Last night's episode, for me, was the first disappointing episode of the series. Kinda meh. I don't feel bad for Winn. He needs to learn when NOT to make a move. And the character was over-acted, I thought. Anyway, that episode is history. I hope we get back on track next week with the White Martian story line/subplot.

winn is easily the worst part of the show. I think ideally, that would be a character at least some people root for, like Chloe on Smallville, or people could see a legitimate triangle forming to keep up the angst and drama. I don't know if its the actor, the writing, or some combination thereof, but there's no believable way Kara would be into him and even less believable that the audience would give an eff. If he doesn't become some type of spurned supervillain, its all pretty useless.

I'm rooting for him to marry Laurel from the Arrow and they both move to some show that's not on any of my tv's, like Constantine or Bones.

Edited by Revat

winn is easily the worst part of the show. I think ideally, that would be a character at least some people root for, like Chloe on Smallville, or people could see a legitimate triangle forming to keep up the angst and drama. I don't know if its the actor, the writing, or some combination thereof, but there's no believable way Kara would be into him and even less believable that the audience would give an eff. If he doesn't become some type of spurned supervillain, its all pretty useless.

I'm rooting for him to marry Laurel from the Arrow and they both move to some show that's not on any of my tv's, like Constantine or Bones.

Right. Winn needs a cup of HTFU. Maybe Batman will show up as a guest and give him a lesson.

I've been seeing Winn more as the Jimmy Olsen of the crew where the real Jimmy Olsen is too cool to play that part. So his clumsiness and odd behavior has been more tolerable.

The entire time, I assumed he was going to convert to evil because of his name (Winslow Schott). I didn't realize his dad was the actual Toyman. That was a cool twist in the story.

It would appear they were going for the more Modern Toyman storyline.

After 1985's miniseries Crisis on Infinite Earths and John Byrne's Man of Steel miniseries, the Toyman's history was revised, and the post-Crisis version of the character first appeared in Superman (vol. 2) #13 (January 1988). In this version, Winslow Schott is an unemployed British toymaker who blames Lex Luthor and his company, LexCorp, for being fired from the toy company he is working for.

That thing looks like something out of an old Alien movie.

I enjoyed the episode, but

I got slightly queasy when "Winn" kissed Kara. He was on SMASH and ruined that for me as well. I guess he's a teen dream...and they need that, too.