• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STL Comics scrubbed?

21 posts in this topic

I just noticed the STL boards were gone and wondered if anyone knew why? (shrug)

http://www.stlcomics.com/

Google search no longer pulls up anything, except Facebook and whatnot.

If gone for good, what a loss. Archival-ly it was a wealth of searchable info. Their Variant Mafia image library. Past interviews. Great debate threads. And on and on.

It hadn't been active in quite some time, but was still fully accessible as a searchable archive. Hate to see such an amazing resource vanish from the web. :(

:censored:

Exactly.

It's so easy to take for granted that great resources and the massive work of individuals and communities are somehow "permanent". That the web "is forever".

Not true. Years and decades of content can be purged in a blink. Just...gone.

Exactly.

It's so easy to take for granted that great resources and the massive work of individuals and communities are somehow "permanent". That the web "is forever".

Dang. I never posted there, but found the site to be an incredible resource.

Exactly.

Dang. I never posted there, but found the site to be an incredible resource.

Loved that site. I'm really hoping it's not permanently gone.

Exactly.

Sadly more and more message boards are going the Facebook way.

:(

:(

It makes me sad to hear that people miss the site. For the longest time, I figured there were only like 10 people who ever visited it. :roflmao:

Well, I just called James, but had to leave a message.

I hope he is OK, and calls me back. :wishluck:

As I have said before, I think the world of the people that contributed to that site, and spent a great deal of time with them working on research and projects. We even had a blog that I really liked. Once the site went down the first time, and tons of data was lost (like price tracking information), I sort of lost my desire to continue on with certain endeavors.

Metarog tried his best to keep things going with the interactive gallery and some things, but he was essentially the lone ranger...

There had been some other projects planned, but life moves on and people get busy with other things I guess.

If James calls me, I will provide an update here.

I haven't talked to James in awhile. I know he's busy with stuff. And you can usually catcH

h him jamming bluegrass once a month. Not sure of status of the boards.

I have contacted STLComics and have asked if there were any threads or information they would like to carry over to the Lyria forums. I can set up permission so that the information is located on a forum within the message board and offer nightly backups of data.

I hate for all that information to be lost. It was a lot of amazing work. :(