• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL Skybound Mystery Box Thread

823 posts in this topic

I am not one to usually start threads but i thought it would be a good idea to start a new topic on the skybound mystery boxes as not to clutter the walking dead thread, and also a place to show off what you got, or if you want to trade with somebody else etc... I'm towards the last ordered boxes so It is gonna take a bit to get mine I ordered 2 boxes for myself and my sister let slip she bought one for me for my birthday on sunday lol. I will post pics and i might even do an unboxing video if i have time.. Shout out to Bigclutch who has been Amazing to not only me but the whole board. Let's get it cracking!!

Shawn's post about the items..

Hey Guys!

Thought I'd clear a couple things up on the mystery boxes.

Each box will have the following:

- One TWD black anniversary book,

- Two Additional variants. These might be Skybound exclusives, Wizard World books, or other normal variants. These will also be across all Skybound titles, so not just TWD (sorry James). I'm also pulling out a couple of gems for this as well (anyone like red foil?). Also note, that we can't guarantee that every book will be NM+. We'll do our best to weed out all the bad books, but you can't expect everything to be gradable at 9.9 (sorry James).

- Four t-shirts. They will all be the same size. Most will be TWD based, but some will be from other titles.

- 1-2 Misc items. This is where the fun comes in for us. We don't have specific ratios for how many will have premium items, but this is where the gamble comes in. Should be interesting.

We'll be posting some pics of the boxes as they come together. We'll be packing away over the holiday weekend and plan to start shipping these early next week.

Thanks for all the positive support on this. I hope it turn out to be the start of a fun tradition for Black Friday.

-shawn

Since I hate seeing you guys do math, I'll tell you that there are 2,000 boxes. The quantities of the sizes don't matter, as we've been adjusting them due to certain sizes selling better (yes, lots of XXL).

I am proud to say that the Mystery Boxes are officially SOLD OUT.

I wanted to thank everyone on the boards for being so vocal and supportive of this project. We've got a warehouse full of people working on pulling things together. So many boxes. So much bubble wrap.

We'll be shipping as fast as we can starting tonight and through this week and possibly into next. If you're towards the tail end, please be patient, we'll spread out the fun stuff.

-shawn

And some pics He teased us with..

1il9gg.jpg

29lzt5s.jpg

kakyyq.jpg

vics1t.jpg

2l8gadw.jpg

Again Thank you Shawn for everything you did to make this possible. And to the whole skybound team..

Do they contain only WD items?

no, which is another reason thought it best to make it's own thread instead of walking dead thread. From what i saw there was other image comics in there like signed copies of ghosted invincible etc.. I really hope i get all WD stuff though as I don;t collect any of the other stuff..

no, which is another reason thought it best to make it's own thread instead of walking dead thread. From what i saw there was other image comics in there like signed copies of ghosted invincible etc.. I really hope i get all WD stuff though as I don;t collect any of the other stuff..

Now you need to go away and collate the teaser pics that Shawn / bigclutch posted in the TWD thread and put them in your post at the top :P :P :P

... anyway thanks for starting the thread ;)

:popcorn:

Now you need to go away and collate the teaser pics that Shawn / bigclutch posted in the TWD thread and put them in your post at the top :P :P :P

... anyway thanks for starting the thread ;)

:popcorn:

that is a good idea.. I'll see if i can find them..

I just want a Free Negan t-shirt.

:grin:

I would love to get lucille or the lucille shirt. But i'd have a damn heart attack if i got the statue. I would imagine that maybe the first box gets the statue, but who knows.. I updated the OP

This is going to end badly.

2zo9enp.gif

Somebody isn't going to get a Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and "this thing which tells time" and won't be happy. :sorry:

You'll shoot your eye out, kid

This is going to end badly.

2zo9enp.gif

Somebody isn't going to get a Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and "this thing which tells time" and won't be happy. :sorry:

You'll shoot your eye out, kid

TWDCarlEye_zps5f86fe3c.jpg