• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2014!

315 posts in this topic

Believe it or not....we do collect. Here's my top three:

:o

I thought all you collected was money… er well at least tried (we all saw your last sales thread) :baiting:

Didn't come in here to bash or shame anyone...just happy to have a few nice Tecs and a Flash book I've wanted for a while.

I may add one more book to this thread.....so I'll be the rule breaker with 4 :)

Believe it or not....we do collect. Here's my top three:

:o

I thought all you collected was money… er well at least tried (we all saw your last sales thread) :baiting:

Didn't come in here to bash or shame anyone...just happy to have a few nice Tecs and a Flash book I've wanted for a while.

I may add one more book to this thread…..so I'll be the rule breaker with 4 :)

:popcorn:

GSX #1 and IM #55 were two different books that I feel pushed my collection to the next level. I still repeatedly take out of my longbox and stare at em. So glad I was able to use the boards to get them.

Flash #106 was a book I didn't really appreciate at the time I picked it up, but since then I've grown to love it.

rTO98Ye.jpg

RAJNLpDl.jpg

FlVVKl9.png

Last year was ASM #129, FF #48, and SS #1.

Next year is the year I tackle the beast that is Hulk #181. Also plan on getting ASM #14.

GSX #1 and IM #55 were two different books that I feel pushed my collection to the next level. I still repeatedly take out of my longbox and stare at em. So glad I was able to use the boards to get them.

Flash #106 was a book I didn't really appreciate at the time I picked it up, but since then I've grown to love it.

rTO98Ye.jpg

RAJNLpDl.jpg

FlVVKl9.png

Last year was ASM #129, FF #48, and SS #1.

Next year is the year I tackle the beast that is Hulk #181. Also plan on getting ASM #14.

Three awesome books.

dd12_cgc_front_zpsbcc54b4c.jpg

You don't see that copy often. Great job getting this one. I always liked those early Kazar appearances in DD.

I've wondered about this. In the late 80s/early 90s Gary Dolgoff found a warehouse stuffed with early Daredevils in really high grade 9.0+. I ordered a lot of them at that time. Was 12 just not in the find? Looking at the census there are (71) graded #11s in 9.2 or higher. There are (58) graded #13s in 9.2 or higher. There are only (34) #12s in 9.2 or higher. I've always wondered if someone is hording these, John Romita's first Marvel work, or if that subtle yellow background made them hard to find in high grade. hm

Love seeing all these!Great stuff gang!

My pc is down,but hands above,my best two books were gifts from boardies to lift my spirits in a bad year...

First was a gift of a coverless ASM 129....Scott,what a surprise...and the book yoj wrote that was in the parcel...I will.always treasure both.

A Strange Tales..first Marvel artwork by some cat named Steranko....

From a real great fellow,he knows.who he is I'm.sure....

And in my sigline.....the much loved Subby drawing from our own Kav...framed and hanging in my comic book room.

I may have acquired rarer or more expensive things in the last year...

But these three are by lightyears ahead of all else.

Thanks fellows...your kindness meant far more than I can say..

Jimmers

i don't really take pics of my books when i get them so i have no pics

lol nore do i always remember what yr i've bought a book so i'll just put 3 that i remember / latest buys

batman 359 (1st batgirl) for $32 prob a Fine but since i've been after the book i think i stole it at that price

swamp thing 1 double cover (prob a VF/NM iirc, inside cover looks NM), i'm makeing payments so i won't have the book in hand till next yr but it is mine. lol the dealer has had the book for awhile and while meny lookers no one bought it. i was going to to make a downpayment but he then decided to keep it (after haveing it at 2-3 shows)........he finnaly brought it back out bc of some suprise bills coming up so i grabed it asap

batman 155 another downpayment book that i'll be getting Sat. it's a Fine but still......lol it sucked bc i could have gotten it outright but would have used all my cash i brought for the show.

must say it's nice knowing dealers that are willing to let you do payments on books, there would prob be a # of books in my collection i wouldn't have if not for that, or a downpayment and pick it up at the next show