• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2014!

315 posts in this topic

How exactly was I bullying a noob? I hardly feel I have been called out either.

By making the comment about breaking the scroll bars. You do stuff like that on here all the time. Well, not all the time but often enough that some people are intimidated by you.

Some people don't even know how this chat forum works. They certainly don't know how to put something in spoilers or edit out an image. Even some old timers don't know how to.

And, no, I think most people with that impression have a better idea of who you really are than most boardies.

That's actually not what I said. I said they don't know me very well. Impressions are useless without actually knowing someone personally. Again, you as a lawyer do understand that. You just choose not to in this case.

And if we are on the same page, the group that you belong to couldn't know me personally very well. They just passed judgement years ago based on a half truth and have been extrapolating ever since.

But continue to take a board etiquette situation and make it personal about me.

Roy, get over yourself and STFU
lol

What does that mean exactly? hm

It means Greggy just lost another WWF game...

As long as you guys keep greggy busy and he keeps his hands off me we're good. :headbang:

Making a snide comment on the size of an image posted is now bullying?

Everything is now bullying apparently.

Theodore_Roosevelt_laughing3-e1316002011942-390x300.jpg

If I were admin, it would all be okay. Speak softly and carry a big banhammer

I don't know if I've even bought three books this year.

I know I got this one, after looking for over seven years (after seeing adamstrange's uber-sweet copy in one of the old "what's the best cover of xxx age" threads);

AAW-113600_zps70173a9f.jpg

uh...

Got this to help continue to fill a hole in this stupid albatross of a run of books (27 down, five to go) which recede in value every year so thank G-d I don't really do any selling;

DP_106_94ow_CGC_zpsb6aaa144.jpg

..and that's it. So there you go, two books that you probably didn't see anywhere in either this thread or anywhere else in this forum

I don't know if I've even bought three books this year.

I know I got this one, after looking for over seven years (after seeing adamstrange's uber-sweet copy in one of the old "what's the best cover of xxx age" threads);

uh...

Got this to help continue to fill a hole in this stupid albatross of a run of books (27 down, five to go) which recede in value every year so thank G-d I don't really do any selling;

DP_106_94ow_CGC_zpsb6aaa144.jpg

..and that's it. So there you go, two books that you probably didn't see anywhere in either this thread or anywhere else in this forum

And we have an on top post! :golfclap:

I like the western

Excellent Alex Toth cover.

I also really like the original Toth art posted earlier on in the thread.

Not sure what all I bought this year, and I haven't scanned much, but here are my two favorites that I do have pics of. The TMNT is a 1st print.

tmnt_zpsd945d061.jpg

weirdmyst_zps01534784.jpg

Both great books -- the TMNT does nothing for me as a collector, while the WM #4 does plenty. Good thing I don't like to collect everything! ;)

My 3 (plus honorable mentions :shy: )

X-MEN #1 signed by Jack "King" Kirby thank you Primetime (worship)

AA552991-8AA2-43D5-AC7E-745F85AF82A1_zpsv7k5ejbg.jpg

Xaime Hernandez L+R Splash Page for 100 Rooms

lf-1_zps011e9725.jpg

Fantastic Four 1-12 (minus #5) thanks to Aces (#4, #6-#12) and Flaming Telepath (#1 + #2) and Rip (#3) (worship)

F5C36072-DE97-4152-89A4-1CC7262FF856_zpsxplberl6.jpg

Honorable Mentions :whee:

SILVER SURFER (thank you dumb luck and Wolff's Flea Market)

B4DED11D-9695-4433-9DA6-4B77C6F839F4_zpskc2bxmpo.jpg

3rd Eye Posters from the only Physician I trust, Dr. Balls (worship)

3RD_MEDUSA.JPG

3RD_THOR.JPG

3RD_ETERNITY.JPG