• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Strange tales 110

20 posts in this topic

I feel like those are the types of questions you should already have answered before you plan on buying a book of this caliber...

I do have an idea but if I can't pinpoint the grade I can't say if I'm overpaying or not :(

I feel like those are the types of questions you should already have answered before you plan on buying a book of this caliber...

I do have an idea but if I can't pinpoint the grade I can't say if I'm overpaying or not :(

My mistake then. :( Yeah I'd say it's at max a 2.0.

That's not a 2.5.

If you're going to shell out $$$ for a low grade book, I'd suggest you get a better handle on grading at the low end. I'd say 1.8 on a good day for that one. Look at lots of books in the grade range in slabs and hopefully you'll start to see the difference.

And much as I hate to say it, from an Australian ebay seller the odds of it being overgraded are pretty high. The comic market over here isn't very sophisticated. Unless you buy from me, of course. :)

That's not a 2.5.

If you're going to shell out $$$ for a low grade book, I'd suggest you get a better handle on grading at the low end. I'd say 1.8 on a good day for that one. Look at lots of books in the grade range in slabs and hopefully you'll start to see the difference.

And much as I hate to say it, from an Australian ebay seller the odds of it being overgraded are pretty high. The comic market over here isn't very sophisticated. Unless you buy from me, of course. :)

lol ok I'll keep that in mind :)

I'd even say it might be 1.5 with the accumulation of defects -- note that the whole bottom inch of the cover has some heavy color loss going on. Agree with these guys, not a lot of upside to this particular copy unless you just have to own one.

That book grades as a Beat All To Hell And Back.

I'd pass on it and save my pennies for a better copy.

In fairness, this is an easy thing to say, but a copy like this may be all someone can afford. Also the book may very well increase in value as you "save for a better one" so you may just end up running in place. As long as the book doesn't have any restoration, I think it is an acceptable entry level starter copy.

1.5 by the way. (thumbs u

-J.

In fairness, this is an easy thing to say, but a copy like this may be all someone can afford. Also the book may very well increase in value as you "save for a better one" so you may just end up running in place. As long as the book doesn't have any restoration, I think it is an acceptable entry level starter copy.

-J.

Thanks I know what to bid on it now :)

-J.

Thanks I know what to bid on it now :)

DID YOU WIN? The spine is split in many areas.

I'd even say it might be 1.5 with the accumulation of defects -- note that the whole bottom inch of the cover has some heavy color loss going on. Agree with these guys, not a lot of upside to this particular copy unless you just have to own one.

This is where I was too...

And I'm surprised at what it sold for!