• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL'S "STAR WARS" #1 TO SELL OVER ONE MILLION COPIES

191 posts in this topic

John Cassaday? That's all I needed to hear.

I'm out

Please people I implore you to not have this comic slabbed , rather to have mid grade golden age slabbed but I have been told that this advice is no good and that I am clueless go figure

How about letting people do what they want with the things they buy?

:doh:

-slym

[font:Book Antiqua]

20 + years later

you have to see what people pay for:

* CGC SS 9.8 Spider-man # 1 signed by McFarlane

* CGC SS 9.8 ABCD+ X-men # 1 Signed by Lee (Jim or Stan, take your pick) Or Claremont.

Crazy? Yes.

Current reality? ABSOLUTLY YES...

[/font]

:/

Please people I implore you to not have this comic slabbed , rather to have mid grade golden age slabbed but I have been told that this advice is no good and that I am clueless go figure

-slym [/her

there you have it folks , two posts two different choices, one person suggests you can do whatever you like with whatever you buy, another suggest prudence and especially in this economy that this new million circulation issue should NOT be slabbed.,rather start a golden age collection to slab. new collectors beware ,.. advice is handed out here that may not have your best interest at heart

-slym [/her

there you have it folks , two posts two different choices, one person suggests you can do whatever you like with whatever you buy, another suggest prudence and especially in this economy that this new million circulation issue should NOT be slabbed.,rather start a golden age collection to slab. new collectors beware ,.. advice is handed out here that may not have your best interest at heart

People will slab the variants though. That is where the money will be... For a bit anyway.

-slym [/her

People will slab the variants though. That is where the money will be... For a bit anyway.

[font:Book Antiqua]It always fun to watch

even the veterans do that...

[/font]

:popcorn:

Yes, yours.

See, I am about freedom & liberty. Also, as much as you claim to have CGC's best interests at heart when you thought it was strange that non-members are part of this message board, you are telling people to not use CGC for its intended purpose. What if people don't collect GA or even SA books? Or even like GA or SA books? What if they are new to collecting comics and they like seeing their personal prizes in the fancy cases?

Seriously -

one person suggests you can do whatever you like with whatever you buy

-I can't believe you can say that like it's a bad thing.

:facepalm:

Get off your high horse, man. What other people collect and what they do with those collections is just as good as what you collect & what you do with your collection.

(thumbs u

-slym

Yes, yours.

See, I am about freedom & liberty. Also, as much as you claim to have CGC's best interests at heart when you thought it was strange that non-members are part of this message board, you are telling people to not use CGC for its intended purpose. What if people don't collect GA or even SA books? Or even like GA or SA books? What if they are new to collecting comics and they like seeing their personal prizes in the fancy cases?

Seriously -

one person suggests you can do whatever you like with whatever you buy

-I can't believe you can say that like it's a bad thing.

:facepalm:

Get off your high horse, man. What other people collect and what they do with those collections is just as good as what you collect & what you do with your collection.

(thumbs u

-slym

K I'm convinced. I am going to burn my Wizard Maxx 1/2 9.4 blue. Then people will know FOR SURE, there is only possibly 9 copies left, and that one was burned

its seems that someone who believes you can do whatever you want would have NO problem with people who buy slabbed coins from the home shopping network and would counter someone who proposed NOT TO BUY from them and that is fine that is one viewpoint

my advice would be DO NOT EVER buy coins from the home shopping network

you are highly unlikely to recouped your investment, I also have similar advice on a previous post about the new star wars #1 comic coming out with an estimated million circulation -

K I'm convinced. I am going to burn my Wizard Maxx 1/2 9.4 blue. Then people will know FOR SURE, there is only possibly 9 copies left, and that one was burned

Just be sure to pizz on it to make sure it is no longer on fire.

Again - it is yours, do with it as you wish.

:)

-slym