• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL'S "STAR WARS" #1 TO SELL OVER ONE MILLION COPIES

191 posts in this topic

Regardless of what someone who is trying to tell you what to do with your money and your comics says, I say PLEASE, DO WITH YOUR THINGS AS YOU LIKE! If you like money, keep it and roll around in it like Scrooge McDuck! If you like Star Wars comics, buy them! If you like to send moderns to CGC, then slab yours! If you like fine dining, go out to eat! If you like coins, collect them! If you don't like GA books, don't buy them!!!

-slym (still isn't a professional at this, so he has no idea who this "HIPPO" might be)

If you like money, keep it and roll around in it like Scrooge McDuck! If you like Star Wars comics, buy them! If you like to send moderns to CGC, then slab yours! If you like fine dining, go out to eat! If you like coins, collect them! If you don't like GA books, don't buy them!!!

AND IF YOU LIKE TO BUY COINS OFF THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK GO AHEAD

according to views of the above ,..but I say the contrary "DO NOT" do this for coins OR for slabbing the new star wars comic.

If you like money, keep it and roll around in it like Scrooge McDuck! If you like Star Wars comics, buy them! If you like to send moderns to CGC, then slab yours! If you like fine dining, go out to eat! If you like coins, collect them! If you don't like GA books, don't buy them!!!

AND IF YOU LIKE TO BUY COINS OFF THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK GO AHEAD

according to views of the above ,..but I say the contrary "DO NOT" do this for coins OR for slabbing the new star wars comic.

OK, we heard you the first 58 times! The only reason I keep repeating my line that people are free to do what they want is because you keep harping this point over and over and over and over and over and over...

People - seriously. Do what you want. This is a free country, buy whatever comics you want and send them to CGC if you want. Or not. Just enjoy yourself, do what makes you happy!

:)

-slym (still waitin' to get paid)

I'm going tobe getting this new SW series, though my expectations aren't that high considering I have been a long time fan of how Dark Horse turned the comic franchise of this series and did some amazing things with it. I'm not sure how

I was a big fan of Cassaday's run on X-Men, but I saw the art for the regular cover in Previews and it was just meh to me.

Why would you slab mid-grade Golden Age? Assuming 4.0-6.0, mostly only the Marvel-DC superhero books are worth slabbing.

Heck - I'm looking at a pile of early '50s Lone Ranger, Pep, Tarzan, GI Joe and Goofy books stacked up right next to me as I type this. 1951-53 in VG to F+

These books are good reads, but they sure as heck aren't slab-worthy. But 20 years on, slabbed Spawn 1s actually are worthy money. $80 for 9.8s. I did not see that one coming back in '92...

On another note, bring on the million+ copies of Star Wars 1. Let's get kids interested in comics again.

Why would you slab mid-grade Golden Age? Assuming 4.0-6.0, mostly only the Marvel-DC superhero books are worth slabbing.

Heck - I'm looking at a pile of early '50s Lone Ranger, Pep, Tarzan, GI Joe and Goofy books stacked up right next to me as I type this. 1951-53 in VG to F+

These books are good reads, but they sure as heck aren't slab-worthy. But 20 years on, slabbed Spawn 1s actually are worthy money. $80 for 9.8s. I did not see that one coming back in '92...

On another note, bring on the million+ copies of Star Wars 1. Let's get kids interested in comics again.

Great post, every point.

(worship)

-slym

No way, HIPPO

Please people I implore you to not have this comic slabbed , rather to have mid grade golden age slabbed but I have been told that this advice is no good and that I am clueless go figure

You'd get a bit more mileage and respect if you offered this as an opinion and not as an edict.

Try saying something like: IMO, that print run means that stabbing this book is unlikely to be a good investment.

there is very little respect either way from the HIPPO's who live on these boards when it comes to posts that new members make , just take a look at the ridicule and belittlement almost all people new to this chatboard are subject too, many are driven away by a select few who believe and treat others as if they are inferior to themselves

I love how some people think the post count of others matters.

I can say for myself, if that number on the side of the board disappeared, I would still say the same things. My post count matters not to me. IDK why it does to some other people.

Oh, and as soon as I get paid for doing this, I will stop responding to this one certain spammer's posts.

2h516kl.jpg

-slym

FTR - people don't ridicule new members. People that say stupid things, whether they've been here 10 days or 10 years, get the business. I have been given the business plenty while I've been here, and I probably deserved it.

:banana:

-slym (was a noob once, and didn't get the business because of it)

FTR - people don't ridicule new members. People that say stupid things, whether they've been here 10 days or 10 years, get the business. I have been given the business plenty while I've been here, and I probably deserved it.

:banana:

-slym

Probably? :baiting:

Was just razzin' ;)

Oh, I know! :D But you make a point. I have said some stupid things, and deserved the business that I got.

That's a lesson learned, right there. I wish other people could learn that same lesson, that's all.

:headbang:

-slym