• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL'S "STAR WARS" #1 TO SELL OVER ONE MILLION COPIES

191 posts in this topic

New collectors take heed ! if you have read this thread you will discover that a hi posting professional onliner ( HIPPO) has suggested that if you decide to buy this new star wars #1 and pay $20 some bucks to get it graded that there is nothing wrong with this choice if this is your prerogative.

I have countered that is choice is VERY unwise and that especially in these tough times that you would be better off NOT having your mint condition NEW SW#1 copy graded, just keep it in a bag and board. there are much better comic slabbing alternatives available

whose advice has new collectors best interests at heart?

New collectors take heed ! if you have read this thread you will discover that a hi posting professional on-liner ( HIPPO) has suggested that if you decide to buy this new star wars #1 and pay $20 some bucks to get it graded that there is nothing wrong with this choice if this is your prerogative.

I have countered that is choice is VERY unwise and that especially in these tough times that you would be better off NOT having your mint condition NEW SW#1 copy graded, just keep it in a bag and board. there are much better comic slabbing alternatives available

tumblr_inline_msqd8vXAPE1qz4rgp.gif

-slym (wishes he got paid to do this, but will never skimp on quality just because he doesn't)

New collectors take heed ! if you have read this thread you will discover that a hi posting professional onliner ( HIPPO) has suggested that if you decide to buy this new star wars #1 and pay $20 some bucks to get it graded that there is nothing wrong with this choice if this is your prerogative.

Just a troll, me thinks.

Is that Yoda enough?

Actually, that part isn't true until this post. You initially countered by saying "get mid-grade GA slabbed instead," and only changed your tune when I pointed out to you that not everyone collects GA comics, and that by saying to not slab moderns, you are taking $ out of CGCs pockets.

Not once have I ever said it was wise or unwise to slab this latest SW comic. People make unwise decisions all the time, and are perfectly free to do so.

Besides, who are you to say what "better comic slabbing alternatives" are for anyone else?

Beavis-and-Butt-Head-Eating-Popcorn-Watching-MTV.gif

-slym

Regardless of what any hi posting professional onliner (HIPPO) might say I IMPLORE you ! do not slab this new star wars comic it is already mint off the stands and there is an estimated MILLION of them !!

rather to start a golden age collection , many of the great DC series of the 50's have census counts of zero for a particular issue , you will grow to appreciate them as they are vintage , explore the registry and you will see some great potential GA sets.

Regardless of what someone who is trying to tell you what to do with your money and your comics says, I say PLEASE, DO WITH YOUR THINGS AS YOU LIKE! If you like money, keep it and roll around in it like Scrooge McDuck! If you like Star Wars comics, buy them! If you like to send moderns to CGC, then slab yours! If you like fine dining, go out to eat! If you like coins, collect them! If you don't like GA books, don't buy them!!!

-slym (still isn't a professional at this, so he has no idea who this "HIPPO" might be)

Ever hear the expression, preaching to the choir? Well you are yelling to an empty room. I'm pretty sure that NO ONE here is planning to buy those books and slab them for long term investment. Some will slab them to sell to others who just want one, but no one who is conscious is going to think a brand new Star Wars 1 cgc 9.8 will be worth anything in the future. Please stop already. It's getting old.

-a low post count poster

I'm holding out for the die-cut, gatefold, glow-in-the-dark, neon, embossed, metallic foil, prismatic foil, lenticular, chrome, hologram version poly bagged with trading card insert!

:banana:

But... are you going to get it (them?) graded?

:D

-slym

Ever hear the expression, preaching to the choir? Well you are yelling to an empty room. I'm pretty sure that NO ONE here is planning to buy those books and slab them for long term investment. Some will slab them to sell to others who just want one, but no one who is conscious is going to think a brand new Star Wars 1 cgc 9.8 will be worth anything in the future. Please stop already. It's getting old.

-a low post count poster

(worship)

-slym