• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nazi Monsters

89 posts in this topic

That's a great one Point Five.

I don't have a copy, but I think the skeleton on National Comics #16 was a nazi wasn't it?

Yep... which is a good segue to the cover below. :cool:

Those Zips and Peps had such crazy war covers! This is the only one I still have left, but I'm thinking about trying for a few more.

zip22.jpg

Nazi monsters... hm

Being honest, I think I'd be a bit uncomfortable telling people that that was my collecting focus. But also being honest, every book posted in this thread is awesome!

I appreciate your honesty I guess but am kind of brought back by what you may be implying here my friend. I really don't want to get into it as that is not, nor ever will be my style but if Im reading this post correctly than you do not even have the slightest iota of what kind of person that I am. Really? you said it yourself, "But also being honest, every book posted in this thread is awesome!" Should having a focus of collecting, "awesome" books make me uncomfortable? I think not. I came to work for the Cleveland Clinic as a nurse manager for almost 10 yrs now. Before that a nursing assistant for the Medical College of Ohio. I do these things and chose this as my life's work to help others no matter who they are. It is my passion. There is nothing wrong with finding the way these baddies were portrayed intriguing. The artwork and the collectibility of these particular pieces of history speak for themselves don't they?

edited to add this - :foryou: as like I said not trying to cause trouble and I always appreciate your posts and your books...I just don't get this particular one

Sorry Gino, it sounds like we crossed wires there. I wasn't at all implying anything negative about you nor would it ever occur to me to do so. My apologies. :foryou:

Just stepping back a bit and musing out loud about what the non-comic folks that I know (many whom have direct family connections to WWII, either Jewish or Russian) would think about these covers. Some people would certainly appreciate the historical significance; others, depending on their specific family history or background, might say that they are trivializing historic atrocities. I find the covers fascinationg, so it's not something that's keeping me up at night, just a bit of perhaps clumsy speculation on my part and speaking to my own insecurities. And anyhow, I've at least sporadically collected covers like these for 15 years, so we're very much in the same boat. (thumbs u

Jon

Thanks Jon I was kind of thinking we may have crossed wires there, no hard feelings for sure!! :foryou: just so hard to convey emotion over the Web!! I do greatly appreciate you straightening this out my friend and totally understand where you are coming from!! and as always....SWEET BOOKS!!!! thanks for sharing them :)

That's a great one Point Five.

I don't have a copy, but I think the skeleton on National Comics #16 was a nazi wasn't it?

Yep... which is a good segue to the cover below. :cool:

Those Zips and Peps had such crazy war covers! This is the only one I still have left, but I'm thinking about trying for a few more.

zip22.jpg

Between this and the Weirds these are some of the toughest books around!!!! Great stuff dude :golfclap:

Don't you have some Nazi spiders to share?

lol Right you are!

2zs6tqo.jpg

That would look so nice framed and hung on the wall of my tarantula/comic room/den.

That and the Mystic#2 have shot to the tops of my too long already list...

Between this and the Weirds these are some of the toughest books around!!!! Great stuff dude :golfclap:

Thanks! (thumbs u

That and the Mystic#2 have shot to the tops of my too long already list...

I hear that... wish I hadn't waited to get a Mystic #2, as I love it too. Live and learn...

Oh hey, here's a few more. The Speed and Pocket 'digests' had a lot of cool covers. (I tried for a long time to collect the rest of these runs, but never got any further than this!)

speed14.jpg

pocket1.jpg

Nazi monsters... hm

Being honest, I think I'd be a bit uncomfortable telling people that that was my collecting focus. But also being honest, every book posted in this thread is awesome!

2124248644_ea8b0d8569_o.jpg

Nazi monsters... hm

2124248644_ea8b0d8569_o.jpg

:o

Those pocket comics....just so absolutely amazing..so very cool!Ive never seen any in real life...wow,a.dream to have one.I love oddities and these digestnsize...I'm in love.Thanks all for posting them.

And BRC#17 with the Four Horsemen!? AwkAwkMaaaa...I wants it!

This thread has brought out some great things.

PointFive...you never seem to stop flipping my wighat!

(worship) to all!