• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle!!

2,342 posts in this topic

Wow. So much work for a raffle. I thought raffles were random. Pick a name and assign it against an item.

We like to make it more fun. :D

(More fun means more work) :gossip:

:applause:(worship)

Wow. So much work for a raffle. I thought raffles were random. Pick a name and assign it against an item.

You can put down random numbers for your list if you want.

I did nothing last time, won a raffle prize, and still ended up with a pretty good gift.

We like to make it more fun. :D

(More fun means more work) :gossip:

you sound like an employer

less pay means more creativity when spending your check

The way we do it, most of the people will end up with probably a Top Ten pick...

As opposed to randomly assigning prizes and giving everyone something they might not necessarily want. (shrug)

And as Day 2 rolls in during the Holiday Raffle Selection Period, greggy maintains his commanding lead as the MOST PICKED RAFFLE PRIZE with 95% of all possible selections.

HIGHEST NUMBER OF PICKS: (with 95%)

Lot 1. Greggy's Mystery Box (Donated by: Greggy)

At 89%

99. Sckao Mystery Box - The Mystery is when it arrives and how often! \:D (Donated by: sckao)

Tied at 87%

Lot 42. Mystery Box (Donated by: Shadroch)

Lot 48. Spider-Woman #1 9.8 White Pages (Donated by: Hado)

Lot 122. Super Superman CGC 4-pack: Superman #80 CGC 4.0; Superman #82 CGC 5.0; Superman #90 CGC 4.5; Superman #97 CGC 4.0 (Donated by: thirdgreenham)

At 84%

Lot 72. Marvel Premiere #15 CGC 7.5 (Donated by: comicdonna)

At 81%

Lot 30. Holiday Mystery Boxes - Yep 1 person getting at least two boxes, more if they were good this year (Donated by: comicalgems)

So 5% of people did not have Greggy's box in their list? :screwy:

I've never had the pleasure of interacting with greggy. He remains a mythical person who is spoken of in circles with soft whispers and an eye on the surroundings waiting for him to appear.

I certainly plan to perhaps make a purchase from him, something so that i too can say, I have dealt with this great man and then I will be able to properly rank his raffle prize.

Until then, I don't know what I would be in for and having no information is not a pleasant feeling to have....

perhaps if I summon this greggy, he will appear and educate me.

greggy, where art thou?

(looking into mirror).....greggy...greggy...greggy....

And with roughly HALF the Ranking Forms in, I bring you the probably the final update on Ranking Choices so far...

MOST PICKED RAFFLE PRIZE with 97% and 40 Number 1 picks:

Lot 1. Greggy's Mystery Box (Donated by: Greggy)

at 90%

Lot 48. Spider-Woman #1 9.8 White Pages (Donated by: Hado)

Lot 122. Super Superman CGC 4-pack: Superman #80 CGC 4.0; Superman #82 CGC 5.0; Superman #90 CGC 4.5; Superman #97 CGC 4.0 (Donated by: thirdgreenham)

at 86%

Lot 99. Sckao Mystery Box - The Mystery is when it arrives and how often! \:D (Donated by: sckao)

at 85%

Lot 72. Marvel Premiere #15 CGC 7.5 (Donated by: comicdonna)

at 81%

Lot 30. Holiday Mystery Boxes - Yep 1 person getting at least two boxes, more if they were good this year (Donated by: comicalgems)

Lot 42. Mystery Box (Donated by: Shadroch)

Out of curiosity, do you recall the furthest you had to go on anyone's list last year? I remember reading through the thread at one point but don't remember this answer. Please don't look it up...just wondering if anyone remembers off the top of their head.

I've never had the pleasure of interacting with greggy. He remains a mythical person who is spoken of in circles with soft whispers and an eye on the surroundings waiting for him to appear.

I certainly plan to perhaps make a purchase from him, something so that i too can say, I have dealt with this great man and then I will be able to properly rank his raffle prize.

Until then, I don't know what I would be in for and having no information is not a pleasant feeling to have....

greggy, where art thou?

you have something on your nose

:jokealert:

Out of curiosity, do you recall the furthest you had to go on anyone's list last year? I remember reading through the thread at one point but don't remember this answer. Please don't look it up...just wondering if anyone remembers off the top of their head.

I remember having to go to #28 toward the end...

greggy, where art thou?

you have something on your nose

:jokealert:

In all seriousness though I'm very curious. I never bought nor won anything from him so my interest in piqued. For a mystery box to be such an overwhelming favorite with such awesome prizes, I'm guessing he's super generous or is giving out some kick stuff.

I throw in a bunch of junk that I don't really want.

That's all you need to know.

If you're nice, I might even tailor it towards your collecting interest.

In all seriousness though I'm very curious. I never bought nor won anything from him so my interest in piqued. For a mystery box to be such an overwhelming favorite with such awesome prizes, I'm guessing he's super generous or is giving out some kick stuff.

Pics of the greggy box from a few years back. I ended up buying it from the winner later on as part of a fundraiser thread...

15895277950_85ac49be3b_o.jpg

15895277880_e9fc1ae13f_o.jpg

16081856472_37f66c5602_o.jpg

15896804517_1c7613f4de_o.jpg

15896477369_f40ee44c15_o.jpg

15895129878_b37a79b49f_o.jpg

16080642131_bb8751aa80_o.jpg

15895276970_d30c506817_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Pics of the greggy box from a few years back. I ended up buying it from the winner later on as part of a fundraiser thread...

15895277950_85ac49be3b_o.jpg

15895277880_e9fc1ae13f_o.jpg

16081856472_37f66c5602_o.jpg

15896804517_1c7613f4de_o.jpg

15896477369_f40ee44c15_o.jpg

15895129878_b37a79b49f_o.jpg

16080642131_bb8751aa80_o.jpg

15895276970_d30c506817_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Junque.