• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's my R.Thomas/ B.Smith conan run!!!

16 posts in this topic

Nice to see this Pedro!

Wow our Conan runs are very similar in grades!

Your #1 and 2 are definitely better than mine, but my 3 and 4 are better. Is interesting to note that my number 4 also has the slight miswrap ..or was this comic just simply produced with a crooked header that makes the left side closer to the top of the cover than the right?

Every issue 4 I have seen looks this way.

Nice number 10 and 11! Those square bound issues are hard to find in HG and yours look superb

Artboy99

I also collect the old Conans, some beauties there. They don't make covers today like they did back in the day. Conan #15 is also sweet, one of my favs ever I will try and do a scan and add to this thread tonight.

Nice to see this Pedro!

Wow our Conan runs are very similar in grades!

Your #1 and 2 are definitely better than mine, but my 3 and 4 are better. Is interesting to note that my number 4 also has the slight miswrap ..or was this comic just simply produced with a crooked header that makes the left side closer to the top of the cover than the right?

Every issue 4 I have seen looks this way.

Nice number 10 and 11! Those square bound issues are hard to find in HG and yours look superb

Artboy99

thanks for the kind words...i'm very happy with the overall quality of my coll. (only a couple of issues that will be upgraded in the long therm, but nothing serious)! cloud9.gif

never thought on owning all of these one day! i guess the kid in me is still astonished at seeing them all together, here around the house, 27_laughing.gif.

i'm going to post the rest of the covers this weekend!!! wink.gif

regards

thumbsup2.gif

Nice spines on some of those books!!

How's m'boy in europe?

thanks old chap. indeed i'm very happy with this (now completed run)!!!

all is good from my side,and yours?!

i've sent you a PM some days ago...drop by a word, ok?! wink.gif

some weeks ago i re-read some of your great FF by Lee/Kirby!!! thumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif right now i'm almosy completing my FF run n°48-300!!! working on these... wink.gifgrin.gif

let me know...

regards, Pedro.

And here I thought you were a Modern variant kinda collector!! 893whatthe.gif

Sweet run of books. Those BW Smith Conans are some of the best stuff out there. If they ever get lonely you can send them to me and my Conans will keep yours company!! grin.gif

And here I thought you were a Modern variant kinda collector!! 893whatthe.gif

Sweet run of books. Those BW Smith Conans are some of the best stuff out there. If they ever get lonely you can send them to me and my Conans will keep yours company!! grin.gif

Thanks for the reply old buddy. I like some variants that come out in the modern age, but i'm mostly a late silver/bronze age fanboy (up to early cooper age too, 27_laughing.gif). cloud9.gif

Of course i have a nice regular stack of moderns that i buy (whatever people say, today is one of the best times to be a comics fan, believe me), but i can "escape" to my past/introduction to the comics. smile.gif

I read mostly the brazilian translations that got out in the late 70's (being a big majority reprints of late silver/early bronze) i was exposed to a serious dose of great storytelling (written and visually) and end up caughting the great early/mid cooper age, so...that's why runs like these old a good chunck of space in my fanboys heart. cloud9.giflaugh.gifcloud9.gif

i know i'm late on posting the rest of the run, but today i end up taking the rest of the pics and i'll be posting them very soon...

Oh and by the way, keep an eye on the Comics General forum, i'll be posting a topic soona nd you'll be able to see some of the comics that make my fanboy happiness... wink.gif

regards, Pedro.

ps- by the way, a lot of what i bought from you was to give to some friends or buy for them a lot of those variants...except the marvel ones!!! wink.gif