• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Jason Latour ‏@jasonlatour Jun 11

Spider-Gwen didn't end due to poor reception or sales or @marvel axing it. Assume nothing. Don't worry. There is a plan. A crazy, crazy plan

Fantastic!!! Really looking forward to see what's in store for Gwen

Yep. I've read that they are rebooting or at least starting over at #1 for all titles. Does anyone know if this is true ?

A complete reboot? Reminds of the New 52 by DC

So far Secret Wars has been NOTHING like the New 52.

Marvel is embracing their characters history & creating solid continuity to allow a new entry point for a new generation.

I love it.

Yep. I've read that they are rebooting or at least starting over at #1 for all titles. Does anyone know if this is true ?

Marvel is embracing their characters history & creating solid continuity to allow a new entry point for a new generation.

I love it.

I will preface it by saying I was burned out on all the recent reboots that I haven't touched Convergence or Secret Wars. I have been looking at reviews and other comic fans who I trust and the reviews are not that great for SW and horribad for Convergence.

The problem I see with trying to read it casually is that it appears I need to buy some prior Avengers series to know what is happening, is there an actual reading list to get the whole story???

Final Crisis really upset me because I didn't buy that one Superman side series that basically made the whole thing kinda make sense so I was clueless at the end of the series and had to rely on the internet to fill in the details.

You don't need to buy an entire Avengers series, there is a "Prelude to Secret Wars" TPB available that gives you all you need to catch up.

Secret Wars is shaping the future of the Marvel Universe without the Hand Wave that DC did, and it still counts all previous history as Continuity.

I love it.

I have not read all of the titles, but talking to two of the people I trust at LCSs it sounds like this relaunch is hit and miss just like Marvel Now and New 52 were before it. So far Secret Wars is okay (I am expecting it to fizzle towards the end like Age of Ultron), Old Man Logan is good (but #1 did not read as well as Wolverine #66 did in the first go round), Future Imperfect is fun, and Deadpool Secret Wars is typical Deadpool, but the other titles I flipped through at the store did not seem worth my $$$ so I passed on them. (shrug)

You don't need to buy an entire Avengers series, there is a "Prelude to Secret Wars" TPB available that gives you all you need to catch up.

Secret Wars is shaping the future of the Marvel Universe without the Hand Wave that DC did, and it still counts all previous history as Continuity.

Great thanks, and does Future Imperfect fit in with it as well?

I love it.

Isn't that the same excuse for every new #1 from Marvel Now to the All New Marvel Now? I wonder how long that new entry point gimmick will last. Spider-Gwen was on #5 wasn't it and now its getting another #1? Totally unnecessary IMO.

I love it.

Isn't that the same excuse for every new #1 from Marvel Now to the All New Marvel Now? I wonder how long that new entry point gimmick will last. Spider-Gwen was on #5 wasn't it and now its getting another #1? Totally unnecessary IMO.

This kind of thing, rebooting series so quickly or starting them right before a reboot does show to me that Marvel is winging this thing to a certain extent.

I don't believe they had a master plan involved in setting up this event outside of the main series. I think at least DC had a plan for every title before rebooting.