• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Action Comics

64 posts in this topic

i have extra 17 coverless, and on ebay a real nice # 7 restored one for sale 4000.00

raven

Even if I believed that this seller owned this copy which was sold on Comic Link for $2500 and he is trying to flip for a few extra thousands using the Comic Link scans and omitting the fact the comic has trimming, if you look at the back cover scan you will see at least one of the ads on the back cover isn't correct (the Midget Racer one) and looks like it was taken out of mechanics illustrated from a decade after the printing of Action #7. So how does a book like this get posted on Comic Link as "professional restoration" and graded an apparent 6.0, I thought Josh had to verify the grade of books that were not CGCs?

As why I doubt the seller having this copy, he has under at least two different Ebay names on free listing or discount listing days listing a poor Action #7 with horrible triming and restoration (I still have scans and this isn't the same book) After exchanging emails with him last year I have come to the conclusion he either didn't have the other Action #7 he was selling or he was trying to sell a copy missing the centerfold without disclosing this information.

are you talking about the seller amerweb , he actually has both books, the real rough one had amatuer restoration removed it used to belong to cc records and he wanted $1600 3 years ago, as for comiclink you are right same book is there makepoint.gifamerweb is tying to make a pretty good profit but the back cover is 100% correct so I do not know where you thought it was wrong same back cover on my action #7 as well.

the back cover is 100% correct so I do not know where you thought it was wrong same back cover on my action #7 as well.

The back cover is not correct. You should check your copy again. If your book has the midget racer ad you must tell me who restored your book as you must have been scammed by the same person.

Here is a link to the correct back cover with the live turtle ad (you need a heritage account to view it):

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=803&Lot_No=5277&src=pr

Here is a link to Comic Link without the live turtle ad and in its place a midget racer ad which looks like an ad from mechanics illustrated from a decade or two after Action #7 was published:

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.as...%3D10&id=594006

the back cover is 100% correct so I do not know where you thought it was wrong same back cover on my action #7 as well.

The back cover is not correct. You should check your copy again. If your book has the midget racer ad you must tell me who restored your book as you must have been scammed by the same person.

Here is a link to the correct back cover with the live turtle ad (you need a heritage account to view it):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6505693756

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=803&Lot_No=5277&src=pr

Here is a link to Comic Link without the live turtle ad and in its place a midget racer ad which looks like an ad from mechanics illustrated from a decade or two after Action #7 was published:

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.as...%3D10&id=594006

Nice catch there. Notice the turtle ad is the only one in black & white with no red in it. I actually thought of placing a bid on the Acton 7 when it was on Comiclink, but it sold before I was able. Thats one of my grails too, and I hope to find a low grade or restored copy some day.

you were right, but what i find odd is that the rest of the back cover is right including the dept number for catalog anywho my action #7 was turtle ad as well

i find that quit strange as though someone pieced that one ad back in,on comiclink, i am going to look to see if i can find any other ads like comiclinks.

raven

Ah, the court copy. I saw the run of 1-11 at the 1988 San Diego Con. I forget who had them but he wanted 15k for the 1(VGish) and 10k for 2-11. If I recall correctly, the paper quality isn't that great and the books weren't treated all that well over the years.

Ah, the court copy. I saw the run of 1-11 at the 1988 San Diego Con. I forget who had them but he wanted 15k for the 1(VGish) and 10k for 2-11. If I recall correctly, the paper quality isn't that great and the books weren't treated all that well over the years.

probably Dolgoff/Koch.....The book is solid.....

Here is the Action 7 used in the DC v. Fox lawsuit...note the Exhibit number and dates-historic. Jon 694711-1scanact7.jpg

Not to totally geek out on a comic with some "ugly" stamps on it, but... hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Being a little bit of a comic industry history buff, I gotta say that's the coolest book I've seen in a while. From the previous posts, I get the impression that there are copies of the first eleven issues of Action stamped like this? Anyone have images?

Oh and for comparison sake:

wonder_01.jpg