• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1st golden age comic......if you still have yours show it off!!!

88 posts in this topic

and, if memory serves, this is bedrock's first g.a. book; i've been custodian of it for a number of years now.

mm72.jpg

My very first Timely :cloud9:

I had a Big Shot 20 and an Airboy v3#10 prior but traded those off long ago for something or other which was subsequently traded for something else. But the Marvel 72 stayed around. Bought it from Tanner Miles in the early '70s at a Houston mini-con.

you bought a $75 comic when you were 5? wow, hardcore! :insane:

It was a lie.

You are no longer considered hardcore. :insane:

I bought a $100 comic when I was 12, does that count? Actually two of them, Giant Size Xmen 1 and Iron Man 1.

FourColorComics2009_1_zps361a0d2b.jpg

That's a great first GA comic1

It's true. Minh was heavily collecting bronze and modern stuff. Then one day he came in and said he wanted a cool "kid's comic" for his first child. He has great taste, and got the coolest kid's comic there is.

My very first GA was an Action 51 poor condition I bought at around 10. I was so stupidly excited, It was in poor condition and graffitied all over and in poor condition ( I need to stress POOR condition), but I payed about $35 for it, This was back in late 2003. :cloud9: I will post pictures when I dig it out :grin:

My first was a Batman 68 in around fine for 20 bucks or so..... It's been so long I can't remember exactly where I got it..... gone now. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

3192428003_c63056473c_o.jpg

I still have this one from the sixties. My aunt gave me some Fawcett comics and I had a few ME westerns. The westerns I still have and the Captain Marvels are gone. I'll have to search for my pic from 1964 and see how many others I have sold. I had a Submariner 21 and a Human Torch 3 and a Boy 11 and Batman 19. All of those are gone. But I kept the Detective comic.

It was a lie.

I bought a $100 comic when I was 12, does that count? Actually two of them, Giant Size Xmen 1 and Iron Man 1.

doesn't mehdy claim to have purchased an action 1 while in utero?

It was a lie.

I bought a Hulk #1 for 75$ when I was 10 years old. Bought it from a LCS in the city I live in. I worked a paper route that was great, was a trailer park a block from my home.

my first Golden Age book that I bought:

RAD184C920091120_172641.jpg

Bought it in Sept 2009 on Comiclink during the eBetter auction.

I have been hooked on golden aged since.

The first golden age comic I ever owned was a Batman #3 that was found in between the walls of a home we lived in that my Father was renovating. It was in a mass of magazine pages, papers and such. "Poor man's insulation" is what my Father called it, and he gave me the comic. I was 8 years old. For the life of me I can't remember what happened to it.

to use the term loosely, my first GA would have been a half dozen early 50s Blackhawks I bought when I was around 11 or 12 in 1971 for a quarter apiece. The only one I remember is the War Wheel cover on #56. I sold them within a year.

The first 1940s books I had were an All-Flash #11, a Green Lantern #38 and one other DC book I don't recall. I think I paid $10 for all three from a fellow collector who bought them at a junk shop for $5 total. It would have been later that year. I don't have those either. I just recall it took forever to sell the All-Flash setting up at local cons.