• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tough, fearless graders needed for this Young Men #19!

16 posts in this topic

Front looks amazing, deep rich colors and gloss looks wet. Back though has quite a bit of wonky ink transfer staining all over (note that it just appears in the white, non-inked areas). What do you think?

2nu7pjs.jpg

28men38.jpg

The dirt along the top of the back is probably more of a grading issue than the pink staining, which I don't see taking that much from the grade, perhaps it can be cleaned off. The front has amazing color and the eye-appeal fantastic, even with the slight miscut.

6.5 with higher potential if the back can be cleaned.

There is a good sized water stain through the upper spine corner that shows front and back, so technically, no better than a 6.0 before considering anything else.

I think 5.0 is enough.

+1. The water top right back cover seals it for me. Does it run through the book? Top left front cover looks like it has the same sized stain. Great book.

There is a good sized water stain through the upper spine corner that shows front and back, so technically, no better than a 6.0 before considering anything else.

I think 5.0 is enough.

Good eye - I missed that - would definitely bring the grade down below 6.0. Still a lovely copy, and just the kind of book I look for, FN or less with excellent eye-appeal!

I think 5.0 is enough.

Yep, good eye on the FC stain. It's subtle enough that I didn't see it with the book in hand, and only noticed it once I had scanned the cover.

Thanks, all!