• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Today's thoughts

Yay the ba12 I got looks awesome

Thoughts and plans

I'm going to get my ba12 signed, pressed and graded by a presser/cgc witness and hopefully the comic will be signed by Bruce Timm at a con somewhere :)

Why? You are going to be reselling it. Having it signed by Bruce Timm will decrease the number of potential buyers. Most people don't know who he is.

I did think about that but according to how the trade went I'll be breaking even if it would get a 9.0 blue label so I'm getting is signed to get more money out of it plus no one even gave it a grade yet :(

Ok...

So you traded for it and you say that you will only be breaking even on it (what all did you trade?)...Maybe it is time to just get it pressed and graded, forget the sig and just recoup your "costs" ASAP and move on. I mean, it is a great book but if you are at a break even now, every bit of extra cash + wait time you throw into it for a potential bump is costing you the longer it "sits".

I'm thinking your right about this and what I traded for this ba12 is a asm 129 cgc 9.0

:o:facepalm:

Holy cow are you kidding me? Dude maybe you should collect for fun and enjoyment. This business is not for you.

Well I made a good decision and my original plan was to keep the asm 129 and sell it because of dd season 2 but when I said I didn't want to do it he kinda blackmailed me into it :(

I'm thinking your right about this and what I traded for this ba12 is a asm 129 cgc 9.0

Am I missing something? You traded a CGC 9.0 ASM #129 for a raw potential 9.0 BA #12? That sounds like an absolutely terrible trade for you.

This thread is so unbelievable. It reminds me of a "real life version" of the show "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" but with comic books instead of energy drinks.

haha yeah I do make lots of mistakes but I'm getting better.

I have a Peter Porker The Spectacular SpiderHam # 1

U have any Amazing Spiderman # 1 in your inventory for trade ?

lol

Just Kidding

U will learn kid

Good Luck

Not easy to make money in comic books despite all the stories of gold in those hills

Today's thoughts

Thoughts and plans

I'm going to get my ba12 signed, pressed and graded by a presser/cgc witness and hopefully the comic will be signed by Bruce Timm at a con somewhere :)

Why? You are going to be reselling it. Having it signed by Bruce Timm will decrease the number of potential buyers. Most people don't know who he is.

I did think about that but according to how the trade went I'll be breaking even if it would get a 9.0 blue label so I'm getting is signed to get more money out of it plus no one even gave it a grade yet :(

Ok...

So you traded for it and you say that you will only be breaking even on it (what all did you trade?)...Maybe it is time to just get it pressed and graded, forget the sig and just recoup your "costs" ASAP and move on. I mean, it is a great book but if you are at a break even now, every bit of extra cash + wait time you throw into it for a potential bump is costing you the longer it "sits".

Holy cow are you kidding me? Dude maybe you should collect for fun and enjoyment. This business is not for you.

Well I made a good decision and my original plan was to keep the asm 129 and sell it because of dd season 2 but when I said I didn't want to do it he kinda blackmailed me into it :(

Agh

Sorry kid

Dont be bullied by anybody....EVER

A trade is not done until both parties agree and deliver

Did you trade for it in person or was it more of an online trade like say, Facebook?

The ASM #129 was easily a $1000 USD in your pocket (going by GPA)...Last sale was $1600...Why bother to trade it at all? If movie hype is your thing, the Punisher is coming to Netflix in Daredevil and a always popular book is getting another shot in the arm...

If $$$ is important to you and your family, why did you not just sell it instead of dinking around? You could have sold that book and bought yourself a very nice graded Harley with $$$ to spare...

What was the reasoning for making such a trade? Do you have GPA?

Based on what a graded 9.0 BA #12 goes for, a CGC 9.0 Harley is around $500 - $600 if I'm looking at the right book in GPA...Using just the 90 day averages, you just "gave away" over $600...

In previous entries you posted this was a good thing to acquire but I think you should present the full story if the point of this journal is to get advice, at first it was "hey, cool 1st Harley" and now it is kind of :sick:doh!:cry:

Uhmmm...How did the other party "blackmail" you????

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Am I missing something? You traded a CGC 9.0 ASM #129 for a raw potential 9.0 BA #12? That sounds like an absolutely terrible trade for you.

This thread is so unbelievable. It reminds me of a "real life version" of the show "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" but with comic books instead of energy drinks.

I have a Peter Porker The Spectacular SpiderHam # 1

U have any Amazing Spiderman # 1 in your inventory for trade ?

lol

Just Kidding

U will learn kid

Good Luck

Not easy to make money in comic books despite all the stories of gold in those hills

Thanks I have lots to learn

Today's thoughts

Thoughts and plans

Ok...

Agh

Sorry kid

Dont be bullied by anybody....EVER

A trade is not done until both parties agree and deliver

yes I agree about that.

You mean your previous mistakes were worse than this? Sorry kid, but you were given some pretty good advice in the past. Maybe its time you sit it out and regroup before tackling this again.

I'm still on this blackmail thing...Blackmail is a criminal offense...Were you really "blackmailed" or were you just persuaded? Two entirely different things...Did the other guy threaten to reveal sensitive or compromising information about you or a family member or friend? IF the latter, you should take this up with the local police.

Did you trade for it in person or was it more of an online trade like say, Facebook?

The ASM #129 was easily a $1000 USD in your pocket (going by GPA)...Last sale was $1600...Why bother to trade it at all? If movie hype is your thing, the Punisher is coming to Netflix in Daredevil and a always popular book is getting another shot in the arm...

If $$$ is important to you and your family, why did you not just sell it instead of dinking around? You could have sold that book and bought yourself a very nice graded Harley with $$$ to spare...

Based on what a graded 9.0 BA #12 goes for, a CGC 9.0 Harley is around $500 - $600 if I'm looking at the right book in GPA...Using just the 90 day averages, you just "gave away" over $600...

In previous entries you posted this was a good thing to acquire but I think you should present the full story if the point of this journal is to get advice, at first it was "hey, cool 1st Harley" and now it is kind of :sick:doh!:cry:

My plan was to sell it at it's peak to make the most money like you said and this was a deal on facebook not in person. My reason for making that trade was black mail he said if I back out he would post in the facebook groups that I'm a scammer. I do have gpa which is why I wanted to keep and sell the asm 129 for a good profit.

The deal went down something like this because I posted that I bought a asm 129 and was excited

Him: "hey you have a asm 129 cgc 9.0 right?"

Me: "I don't have it yet but I bought one why?"

Him "I have a ba12 about a 9.4 raw"

Me: "ok show me pics"

(he showed me pics and I didn't agree with his grading so I asked if he wanted to do a cash plus trade deal and this was when gpa on the asm 129 was 1075)

Him "what do you think?"

Me: "I don't agree with your grading because your overgrading and over valuing the comic as it's raw"

Him "ok how about this? the ba12 plus 300 cash?"

Me: "that's sounds fair when I get it I'll let you know"

Him: "cool"

(the comic now arrived)

Me: "ok I got the comic and since the value of asm 129 went up would you add 100 bucks? because if not I'd like to keep it since it will go up in value"

Him: are you backing out of the deal? you said you agreed and now your backing out of it?"

Me: "The values of the comics aren't even anymore so if you can add a little more cash we can still do this"

Him "No what I gave you is fair all the dealers I went to said this is a 9.4 without a press"

Me: I don't want to lose money on this trade"

Him: "You won't trust me"

Me: "I don't want to do the trade if you won't add some more cash to your part"

Him "If you back out of this deal I'm reporting this to all the fb groups that you tried to back out of a deal and scam me"

Me: "I didn't scam you and we didn't fully agree on the trade"

Him: " I don't care you went against your word and you are trying to scam me now"

Me: Fine! I'll do the trade ok?"

Him: "good"

(keep in mind I asked him to do the extra cash part when then comic's value was at 1225 and I would take a little lower yes but I'd still make a decent profit on it or so I thought)

You mean your previous mistakes were worse than this? Sorry kid, but you were given some pretty good advice in the past. Maybe its time you sit it out and regroup before tackling this again.

No this one is so far my worst I've never been blackmailed into doing something before my past mistakes are just overpaying for comics or selling at the wrong time.

My plan was to sell it at it's peak to make the most money like you said and this was a deal on facebook not in person. My reason for making that trade was black mail he said if I back out he would post in the facebook groups that I'm a scammer. I do have gpa which is why I wanted to keep and sell the asm 129 for a good profit.

The deal went down something like this because I posted that I bought a asm 129 and was excited

(he showed me pics and I didn't agree with his grading so I asked if he wanted to do a cash plus trade deal and this was when gpa on the asm 129 was 1075)

Him "what do you think?"

Me: "I don't agree with your grading because your overgrading and over valuing the comic as it's raw"

(the comic now arrived)

Me: "ok I got the comic and since the value of asm 129 went up would you add 100 bucks? because if not I'd like to keep it since it will go up in value"

Him: are you backing out of the deal? you said you agreed and now your backing out of it?"

Me: "The values of the comics aren't even anymore so if you can add a little more cash we can still do this"

Him "No what I gave you is fair all the dealers I went to said this is a 9.4 without a press"

Him "If you back out of this deal I'm reporting this to all the fb groups that you tried to back out of a deal and scam me"

Him: " I don't care you went against your word and you are trying to scam me now"

(keep in mind I asked him to do the extra cash part when then comic's value was at 1225 and I would take a little lower yes but I'd still make a decent profit on it or so I thought)

Said it before, :facepalm:

I don't think this qualifies as "blackmail"...

Bullying maybe. However, if the worst the guy said was that he was going to post on FB that you were 'scamming him' you could have simply told your side of the story and let the chips fall where they may. There was a reason why he was pushing you like that. He knew he had one on the line.

If the worst thing that happened is some guy alleged you were a scammer on a FB group...Who cares? I've seen some of your FB posts. Stay away from trades on FB and maybe stick to selling in respectable venues until you get a handle on things.

Him "what do you think?"

(the comic now arrived)

That bolded line is my mistake? so what should I have said?

Him "what do you think?"

(the comic now arrived)

That bolded line is my mistake? so what should I have said?

It's not what you should have said

You shouldnt have shipped the book. Period.

Even with $100 kicker you were begging for..... there is not enough of a profit margin to make this trade worthwhile

You make a deal in advance, stick to the agreed upon deal. Your word is the most important thing

That guy held his comic for you giving up other opportunities to sell it. You essentially had a forward commodities exchange contract, agreeing to trade X amount of silver for X amount of gold on a date in the future, regardless of what actual market prices were on that date. It's a thing.

Also you gotta think like a dealer in terms of your profit margins and inventory turnover times too. What does that mean? Please go work on finding out.

If the conversation on you are reporting with him is factual you were under no obligation to sell it as you basically said you will let him know once you get it.

BUT I can see the other side of the coin where it was not rock solid deal but enough to have the guy think it was and others too.

Need to be crystal clear in your terms and don't try to amend deals later.

And you bought the ASM #129 CGC? For how much? Did you essentially lose on two deals because of this?

Edited by Wall-Crawler

8 8