• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

So many crazy things going on here. :facepalm:

Indeed

I dont think that was intended as a positive

I know but I'm trying to be positive and I'm working on my mistakes.

Yes - you are that's for sure.....although there are many other ways to go about it.

I never thought it was that high a value. you are having financial issues and spent $9K on comics and are over $5K in the hole with inventory. There is an issue there and a lesson one thinks.

3777084698_a7ef4bf328.jpg

Updated Financials

I hope this is what KPR Comics meant

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

This shows you have sold about 45% of the books you have bought. To see how much profits you have generated you have to compare the money you have spent to buy the $9,802.52 in books. If you have invested $3,000 in buying the books out of your pocket or getting the books graded then you would have about $6,800 in gross profits.

I'm assuming you have the $4,469.11 in cash or you spent it on living expenses and did not put the money back into buying the $5,333.41 in inventory?

Updated Financials

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

So, with that remaining stock you are $5,333.41 "in the hole"? How much profit do you hope to make off of your remaining inventory?

With the remaining inventory I believe I'll make 200-300 dollars on this.

Updated Financials

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

So, with that remaining stock you are $5,333.41 "in the hole"? How much profit do you hope to make off of your remaining inventory?

Ugh! You've tied up all that $$$ and you're only going to make 300? With that kind of money spent, you should've had books that could get you 300 profit on their own.

I know you've seen this thread (you've posted in it), but you need to read this one over and over and over. Every day.

Ed's 1 Man Comic Business

Updated Financials

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

It's not, unless of course you are making zero profit and expect to make exactly zero profit.

Your inventory should be worth more than what you paid for it if you want to stay in business.

Yes I hope to make a profit about 200-300 conservatively and as bad as it sounds I'd rather break profit or even break even and his this done and over with so that I can move on and buy better comics.

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Wait, so you are projecting to make $200-300 total in profit on the sale of $5000+ in comics?

Cold Hard Truth: I dont think a 4-6% return on investment is enough to sustain this venture.

what was your ROI for the previously sold books? (Im really hoping for your sake it was better than 4-6%)

Ok. Better than nothing, but you're looking at around 3% on 10K :o

When paypal is making more than you, it's time to find tune your model. Just sayin.

Edit: I read that wrong. Your'e looking at $300 on the remaining inventory. What did you make on the other $5K?

Edited by KPR Comics

Updated Financials

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

This shows you have sold about 45% of the books you have bought. To see how much profits you have generated you have to compare the money you have spent to buy the $9,802.52 in books. If you have invested $3,000 in buying the books out of your pocket or getting the books graded then you would have about $6,800 in gross profits.

I'm assuming you have the $4,469.11 in cash or you spent it on living expenses and did not put the money back into buying the $5,333.41 in inventory?

I don't understand the first question you asked me I've spent $9802.52 to buy the comics. I spent the money on living expenses and did not put the money into the $5333.41 in inventory.

Updated Financials

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

Ugh! You've tied up all that $$$ and you're only going to make 300? With that kind of money spent, you should've had books that could get you 300 profit on their own.

I know you've seen this thread (you've posted in it), but you need to read this one over and over and over. Every day.

Ed's 1 Man Comic Business

I bought most of my comic before this thread happened but I'll check it over again.

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Wait, so you are projecting to make $200-300 total in profit on the sale of $5000+ in comics?

Cold Hard Truth: I dont think a 4-6% return on investment is enough to sustain this venture.

what was your ROI for the previously sold books? (Im really hoping for your sake it was better than 4-6%)

I would need to check those numbers and I'll get back to it.

Ok. Better than nothing, but you're looking at around 3% on 10K :o

When paypal is making more than you, it's time to find tune your model. Just sayin.

Edit: I read that wrong. Your'e looking at $300 on the remaining inventory. What did you make on the other $5K?

I'm going to check and calculate those numbers.

Updated Financials

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

I don't understand the first question you asked me I've spent $9802.52 to buy the comics. I spent the money on living expenses and did not put the money into the $5333.41 in inventory.

That would mean you spent exactly (to the penny) the amount you expect to sell the books for. Your last post right before I started writing you back seems a little more reasonable. I'd expect you to make about 20% in profits before you take out all the fees and expenses such as shipping materials.

Updated Numbers to the best of my ability and I made sure to calculate to the penny this time.

Total Comics Bought

$9498.17

Total Inventory

$4709.97

Total Sold

$6159.43

Edited by uchiha101

Updated Financials

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

That would mean you spent exactly (to the penny) the amount you expect to sell the books for. Your last post right before I started writing you back seems a little more reasonable. I'd expect you to make about 20% in profits before you take out all the fees and expenses such as shipping materials.

I updated the numbers again so you can check them out.

8 8