• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

And I don't know if this is true or not but I got a pm that you supposedly traded a cgc 9.0 asm129 (1000+) for a raw ba12 (500?). ??

Yes that's true as well a big mistake on my part.

It was a ba12 and $300 cash if I remember correctly. Don't sell yourself short(er).

Pre show announcement that wouldn't have been a terrible trade if there was $300 instant cash on top of the book. The ASM 129 CGC 9.0 were going for $750 ish back then and a NMish copy of BA 12 would be a quick sale for $500 - $600. Problem is you are trading certainty with a graded book for a raw book. What if the book comes back trimmed or has a stain that drops it to a 8.0?

If it should come back as a 8.0 or something that he didn't mention then I'll ask for the asm 129 9.0 back because I asked him if there's anything wrong with it and he said "no other then what I mentioned there's nothing wrong with it" and I'm holding him to it since I held up my end of the deal.

Did you all agree to that prior to the trade? What if this happens and the guy says either "I sold the Spidey" or "Sorry, the deal was done awhile back"?

Yes I agreed to it before I did the trade so that he knows what's up should he do something I'll file a claim with paypal then and notify comic book group admins what he did.

There is no transaction for Paypal to freeze. Your only recourse is to out the seller and hope they live up to the agreement. But just like your question about the Russia guy - always do a benefit to cost assessment to avoid risk. You are looking to make money in comics and there is a lot "safer" money to made out there.

Yes you have a point I'm PMing him right now and let's see what he'll say about if he sold the comic or not.

Once you trade a book to someone its theirs to do what they want. PMing him asking him if he lied about keeping it will just burn a bridge. Just get the BA 12 fast tracked for $28 and see if it comes back a 9.4 like you think. Maybe post scans in the PGM section to see if you have cause for concern?

And I don't know if this is true or not but I got a pm that you supposedly traded a cgc 9.0 asm129 (1000+) for a raw ba12 (500?). ??

It was a ba12 and $300 cash if I remember correctly. Don't sell yourself short(er).

Pre show announcement that wouldn't have been a terrible trade if there was $300 instant cash on top of the book. The ASM 129 CGC 9.0 were going for $750 ish back then and a NMish copy of BA 12 would be a quick sale for $500 - $600. Problem is you are trading certainty with a graded book for a raw book. What if the book comes back trimmed or has a stain that drops it to a 8.0?

If it should come back as a 8.0 or something that he didn't mention then I'll ask for the asm 129 9.0 back because I asked him if there's anything wrong with it and he said "no other then what I mentioned there's nothing wrong with it" and I'm holding him to it since I held up my end of the deal.

Did you all agree to that prior to the trade? What if this happens and the guy says either "I sold the Spidey" or "Sorry, the deal was done awhile back"?

Yes I agreed to it before I did the trade so that he knows what's up should he do something I'll file a claim with paypal then and notify comic book group admins what he did.

There is no transaction for Paypal to freeze. Your only recourse is to out the seller and hope they live up to the agreement. But just like your question about the Russia guy - always do a benefit to cost assessment to avoid risk. You are looking to make money in comics and there is a lot "safer" money to made out there.

Yes you have a point I'm PMing him right now and let's see what he'll say about if he sold the comic or not.

Once you trade a book to someone its theirs to do what they want. PMing him asking him if he lied about keeping it will just burn a bridge. Just get the BA 12 fast tracked for $28 and see if it comes back a 9.4 like you think. Maybe post scans in the PGM section to see if you have cause for concern?

already did and it got a grade range of 9.0/9.4 and imo I think 9.2 is max it can get because of the spine ticks unless the 9.4 is a gift grade.

The 9.4 is what he says it will be without pressing which I know is wrong already.

The 9.4 is what he says it will be without pressing which I know is wrong already.

No you do not know what grade it will get. Get it graded and move forward and sell that puppy as soon as you can.

No you do not know what grade it will get. Get it graded and move forward and sell that puppy as soon as you can.

Ok that's my intention of doing so but I'm curious to see what the grade will be and if I'm right with the grade range I said and for those keeping tabs I'm 9.0/9.2.

Edited by uchiha101

Updated Financials

I hope this is what KPR Comics meant

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

So, with that remaining stock you are $5,333.41 "in the hole"? How much profit do you hope to make off of your remaining inventory?

Updated Financials

I hope this is what KPR Comics meant

Total Comics Bought

$9802.52

Total Inventory

$5333.41

Total Sold

$4469.11

It's not, unless of course you are making zero profit and expect to make exactly zero profit.

Your inventory should be worth more than what you paid for it if you want to stay in business.

8 8