• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
42 42

6,217 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2022 at 3:10 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Signed just once. 

May be an image of text that says '7.0 Marvel Comics. X-Men#141 #141 WHTEPages 4045831002 4/20/22 CHRIS LAREMONT 4/21/22 50c141 02461 THE UNCANNY YOMEN APPREHENDED SLAIN NIGHTCRAWLER STORM SLAIN APPREHENDED SPRITE COLOSSUS SLAIN BEASY SLAIN'

Was it signed during the switch to daylight savings? Leap year? At the stroke of midnight? Two different yet perfectly congruent signatures, one over the other? 

Gotta eliminate the easy possibilities first. xD

ETA: That's a nice looking 7.0 (shrug)

Edited by jcjames

On 6/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, buttock said:

First sig was on 4/20, so he probably forgot.  

I too sent in an already signed Jim Lee book for an in house signing to have him sign again but sketch this time as well

He doubled up inks on the sketch, it is on the label that he signed again, but I can only pick out the 1st sig cause "it" was in gold.

If anyone spots the 2nd let me know :)

2022_02_11 1_30 PM Office Lens.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/23/2022 at 7:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I too sent in an already signed Jim Lee book for an in house signing to have him sign again but sketch this time as well

He doubled up inks on the sketch, it is on the label that he signed again, but I can only pick out the 1st sig cause "it" was in gold.

He doesn't have the 4/20 excuse.  

On 6/23/2022 at 9:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You had Jim Lee sign a book he didn't work on twice?

On 6/24/2022 at 8:49 AM, lostboys said:

I like it!

His opinion is valid too, since Jim Lee didn't "pen the issue" per se, but I also have a blue label 9.8. I "could have sent that" and Jim Lee IS a creator that in my mind justifies the 1st appearance signature :) might as well sketch it too ^^ 

He should be happy that I sent the book that was "already 'done wrong' in" by his opinion lol instead of another blue label :insane: 

:cheers: can't please everyone :foryou: 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:11 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

His opinion is valid too, since Jim Lee didn't "pen the issue" per se, but I also have a blue label 9.8. I "could have sent that" and Jim Lee IS a creator that in my mind justifies the 1st appearance signature :) might as well sketch it too ^^ 

He should be happy that I sent the book that was "already 'done wrong' in" by his opinion lol instead of another blue label :insane: 

:cheers: can't please everyone :foryou: 

Ive always hated that cover. Jim def made it better!

Shoot, Id let Jim or Todd do a sketch on any book I own.

(worship)

On 6/24/2022 at 3:34 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Interesting. So he was the co-creator, but wasn't the artist on either of the first 2 published appearances.

True and you do have that point, so I understand where you're coming from, idk why it was passed on to kubert whom isnt even marked as a "creator" lol 

Idk, maybe Jim helped with the design but kubert or collins were finalized. Not sure

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

True and you do have that point, so I understand where you're coming from, idk why it was passed on to kubert whom isnt even marked as a "creator" lol 

Idk, maybe Jim helped with the design but kubert or collins were finalized. Not sure

Since Uncanny was artist-of-the-month at that time, maybe they knew Jim Lee was going to be taking over as the regular artist, and he was working with Claremont behind the scenes on new character designs?

On 6/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Since Uncanny was artist-of-the-month at that time, maybe they knew Jim Lee was going to be taking over as the regular artist, and he was working with Claremont behind the scenes on new character designs?

Makes sense to me 

• Administrator

I was going through this weeks QC issues.  There was a thread where someone submitted 4 books, and the labels were switched on all of them.  Does anyone have a link to that thread?

On 6/26/2022 at 7:26 PM, CGC Mike said:

I was going through this weeks QC issues.  There was a thread where someone submitted 4 books, and the labels were switched on all of them.  Does anyone have a link to that thread?

Was it this one?