• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, manetteska said:

CGC ME Community -

What is the best way to send these back to CGC with a pre-paid label?

Usually I use USPS to ship, and above $5000 (as these two are) I have to send Registered, which requires paper-tape and is a giant pain.

Is that the best method, or can I choose FedEx and regular plastic box tape? Or is the insurance value too high?

When you do the me they specify insurance and all that info and email you the label, it is overnighted to cgc and back to you basically when finished. If you don't uses cgc prepaid label, then just do what it is you normally do I'd think 

On 9/6/2022 at 3:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC ME Community -

Usually I use USPS to ship, and above $5000 (as these two are) I have to send Registered, which requires paper-tape and is a giant pain.

Is that the best method, or can I choose FedEx and regular plastic box tape? Or is the insurance value too high?

Expand  

When you do the me they specify insurance and all that info and email you the label, it is overnighted to cgc and back to you basically when finished. If you don't uses cgc prepaid label, then just do what it is you normally do I'd think 

Start the me process as a lot of answers to your questions may be found.

The over night is usually done ups if that makes a difference 😉

Cgc has paid whatever it cost, as it gets approved an official me at their discretion upon arrival, but they front the cost in good faith. You have a legitimate claim imo @CGC Mike

On 9/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, ramrodcar said:

Question for the group, is it still conventional wisdom to not send duplicates of modern books in the same order (e.g. 3-5 of the same book)?

I sent in 3 regular Spiderman 1s with no issue

On 9/6/2022 at 6:47 PM, ramrodcar said:

Question for the group, is it still conventional wisdom to not send duplicates of modern books in the same order (e.g. 3-5 of the same book)?

18 Spider-man 1 in one shot.Specked on these in 1990, paid off very well.

1255919038_Screenshot(89).thumb.png.121d26d5ad8a8491b70c73eb0f5ef186.png

Edited by ak47po

• Administrator
On 9/6/2022 at 4:29 PM, manetteska said:

CGC ME Community -

Fill out a submission form, and submit these as a ME.  A prepaid shipping label will be sent to you.  We will fix the label problem, and ship them back to you at our expense.  Our insurance will cover them.

CGC ME Community -

Before you send them back take good high quality scans / pictures of the front and back make notes of as many of the flaws as you can. 

I have had a few Mechanical Error returns that whoever was cracking them appears to have used a flat head screwdriver and left impression on the middle back of the books from cracking the case. (There have been other posts here that have shown the same) 

This doesn't seem to happen that often as do some of their other issues, but with more valuable books it only takes once. 

Good luck and Awesome books! 

Oh and for reference here is one of my more recent issues like the one mentioned above. This book went back for 2 ME trips

Here you will see raw before sent the first time. 20220906_220618.thumb.jpg.b9556df6c551330652bdb7bb99211adc.jpg

First scan from recieved. 20220906_220759.thumb.jpg.803b1dae34e10afcb14f9c493a30b932.jpg

no marks (had to go back for (puddling on back of case)20220609_111240.thumb.jpg.d95cc992ed9d9a6a19097314d4fad26a.jpg

return from first ME trip. One mark(line)20220906_220812.thumb.jpg.2fcdd8187884b793e7a08517cefe9b79.jpg

at this point I had not noticed it as you may not without it being pointed out within that box , but I did see these Newton Rings which is why it had to go back again. 20220609_110459.thumb.jpg.a84e75a8989190333e8cd2a8481bc15a.jpg

return second ME trip. Now I see these as there are three all in roughly the same location.  At first there were faint perpendicular lines as the edge that faded and really couldn't get those in pictures or scans but definitely looked like they resembled a flat head screwdriver.  20220906_220948.thumb.jpg.1d47d51b2f40c64cff90ddf6bc837212.jpg

now a better angle so you can really see what they look like and arrows to help.20220609_121318.thumb.jpg.e62052abef5e54c8fca2951a82d84edc.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 6:47 PM, ramrodcar said:

Would you have any faith they won't swap the labels on them? 

On 9/6/2022 at 7:42 PM, ak47po said:

18 Spider-man 1 in one shot.Specked on these in 1990, paid off very well.

1255919038_Screenshot(89).thumb.png.121d26d5ad8a8491b70c73eb0f5ef186.png

Serious question...

How can you know that nothing 'questionable' (as far as label swapping) happened?

On 9/7/2022 at 4:48 AM, Gaard said:

Serious question...

How can you know that nothing 'questionable' (as far as label swapping) happened?

I trust CGC quality control completely, CGC is The Top Grading Service for Pop Culture Collectibles! why second guess them. Oh,wait.:baiting:

Edited by ak47po

• Administrator
On 9/7/2022 at 8:36 AM, manetteska said:

Looks like I may have another, albeit smaller, issue with my other CGC submission.

I paid for USPS Registered shipping, but somehow my order is being delivered by FedEx. Are they in cahoots? @CGC Mike How did my shipping choice get changed?

Does FedEx cover the same amount of insurance?

You might find this link helpful.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10238/return-shipping-updates/

On 9/6/2022 at 3:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 9/6/2022 at 3:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC ME Community -

Expand  

Expand  

Expand  

Start the me process as a lot of answers to your questions may be found.

The over night is usually done ups if that makes a difference 😉

Cgc has paid whatever it cost, as it gets approved an official me at their discretion upon arrival, but they front the cost in good faith. You have a legitimate claim imo

Thanks for the help.

At least for me, there was no choice in how to send the comics back to CGC. I filled out the shipping form and received a UPS Air shipping slip.

I know CGC announced that they would be removing notes from the label, but I think they might have gone too far.  :insane:

What’s this book qualified for?@CGC Mike

9C98C329-E271-4366-953F-2AA45BD7E508.jpeg.95f826cdf8100a35ffde05027aefb758.jpeg

edit:  I thought this was a QC error, but is CGC really removing notes from Qualified labels?

D0137571-6AB5-4564-B178-DC0E2993FB1C.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 9/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, CGC Mike said:

Detached centerfold.

Got that.  But why is CGC removing notes from Qualified labels?  I don’t remember that being mentioned in the announcement.  Seems pretty silly to remove the notes on Green labels.

• Administrator
On 9/8/2022 at 8:50 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Got that.  But why is CGC removing notes from Qualified labels?  I don’t remember that being mentioned in the announcement.  Seems pretty silly to remove the notes on Grceen labels.

I believe the announcement referred to CGC labels.