• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
42 42

6,217 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 8:21 PM, TomDehnert said:

However it would make sense and show some good will for them to be proactive in trying to keep fix everything they can. I’m sure they are insured god forbid that hurricane hit where they are located with a storm surge that’s huge and there goes all of our comics.

At this point I would halfway expect to get a "Sucks to be you" reply from them if that happened.  "Force Majeure baby, Force Majeure."

On 10/2/2022 at 2:18 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Yikes...

efc4e59583e779554fb558a75045a6c7.png

Sounds like it's con way or the highway!  When it came to Thomas, they were definitely bluffin' with their muffin!  Crannies and nooks go together like comics and books!  (:

I wonder what Conway thought, if anything, when those books were put in front of him to sign?!  "Time of the sign, I guess!  Are we almost done here?!"  xD

On 10/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, wombat said:

Its not like those books aren't easy to come by. They could acquire books in the same grade and have them signed. Assuming the owner of the books would want that. 

Right? One of two things happened here

1) CGC messed up and needs to come clean here and suck up the couple hundred bucks a pop for each book and buy copies to have signed

2) The submitter clicked the wrong drop down upon submission, CGC was able to verify this on the submission and thus said "sorry, nothing we can do" The owner, naturally peeved, decides to lay all the blame on CGC

Don't discount the latter folks but definitely demand the former of CGC if it is the case.

Another instance of the group doing the encasing got a bit carried away and put some creases into the spine of a modern 9.8. It may not be one of the high dollar books, but it could have been someone else's grail book if mine wasn't there to catch the bullet.

I have contacted customer service about this. As of now, I have not heard a response.

IMG_0360.jpeg

Dont know if this is fully on topic, but close enough and I'm ready to vent.  Sent a copy of Incredible Hulk #340 for pressing and grading AUGUST 2021 that finally came back and uploaded as G/E/I in April or May.  By the middle of June with no movement I started sending inquiries to CGC via email which were mostly responded to with "oh, its about to be graded/soon enough sir" type answers.  Finally I called after no movement in the middle of August or thereabouts (caveat every CS agent of dealt with has been very helpful)  and was told they were going to put a notification out to their warehouse to find it.  Heard nothing for two weeks, called back and was told oh be patient they will get back to us.  Nothing, finally started talking to another CS rep in September who put in a request higher up since no one in their warehouse had responded.  Believe it is now with their claims/receiving department.  What pisses me off is that not only is a fairly valuable book apparently just misplaced somewhere in their facility, but it appears that it is on us the customer to hound them to do anything about a submission they've lost.  My guess is that would be sitting there in limbo with no one bothering to look for it had I not started pestering them.  I realize that they probably have thousands of books, but that's not my problem.  I want my book, I'm not interested in getting a few hundred bucks compensation.  Again, appreciate the CS agents as they've been helpful with all of this, but it's odd to me that the people they have looking for it just kind of blew it off.

On 10/15/2022 at 1:38 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s a .5

I’m not sure this bothers me.

Convince me it should hm

C2AA25AC-5DDC-415F-B13E-BB6B60E584C0.jpeg.38729ba71fe0231f0c41abed5aa12da5.jpeg

It shouldn't bother you. It's correctly graded and labeled.

On 10/15/2022 at 12:06 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Phew.  I don’t have time to be bothered by this :insane:

Thank god it all worked out.

On 10/15/2022 at 1:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

happy birthday!! Tmnt Happy Birthday GIFs | Tenor

image.png

lol

On 10/14/2022 at 9:11 AM, Miguelb said:

Dont know if this is fully on topic, but close enough and I'm ready to vent.  Sent a copy of Incredible Hulk #340 for pressing and grading AUGUST 2021 that finally came back and uploaded as G/E/I in April or May.  By the middle of June with no movement I started sending inquiries to CGC via email which were mostly responded to with "oh, its about to be graded/soon enough sir" type answers.  Finally I called after no movement in the middle of August or thereabouts (caveat every CS agent of dealt with has been very helpful)  and was told they were going to put a notification out to their warehouse to find it.  Heard nothing for two weeks, called back and was told oh be patient they will get back to us.  Nothing, finally started talking to another CS rep in September who put in a request higher up since no one in their warehouse had responded.  Believe it is now with their claims/receiving department.  What pisses me off is that not only is a fairly valuable book apparently just misplaced somewhere in their facility, but it appears that it is on us the customer to hound them to do anything about a submission they've lost.  My guess is that would be sitting there in limbo with no one bothering to look for it had I not started pestering them.  I realize that they probably have thousands of books, but that's not my problem.  I want my book, I'm not interested in getting a few hundred bucks compensation.  Again, appreciate the CS agents as they've been helpful with all of this, but it's odd to me that the people they have looking for it just kind of blew it off.

They definitely lost your book or sent it to someone else on accident.