• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2023 at 5:07 PM, Sigur Ros said:

There. Is. No. QC.

Most recent sub I didnt see the QC stamp on my receipt/order form.

Also they put the wrong custom label on. When I called they said the label looked good and what they are looking at is correct. I told them the photos say otherwise…the photos were correct and sure enough I had to send it back. Sad when customer service doesn’t even get it right.

On 8/13/2023 at 5:40 PM, bc said:

And that's why things fail - QC should be embedded in every stage, not a single stage gate in the assembly line.

-bc

Most outfits that do mass production do QC on sample lots, not on every single unit made. I would venture that the problem here is in the procedures and the training. If the process is on point and the employees are engaged, the failures should be minimal. I would imagine, in CGC's efforts to shorten TAT's, they have cut too many corners, unrealistic expectations, Overtime overload, etc. Once employee morale plummets, the quality dovetails. GOD BLESS... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Not a defect on a slab, but I am mildly annoyed that my most recent submission just went in and they charged my card for the full amount instead of applying the two separate credits I had on file. Those credits were the result of previous charges that I should not have paid, and I was pretty zen about it at the time of those errors since I knew this submission was going in and a credit could just be applied to it.

I was not expecting a full bill when I have a shade under $120 in total credit on my account. And this amount looks way worse when you convert it to Canadian dollars. 

I continue to try to be zen about it all since I understand that overworked humans are doing this and slack needs to be cut. I guess if the credit lasts long enough it can just go toward my membership renewal so all good in the end. 

On 8/14/2023 at 4:13 PM, Stefan_W said:

Not a defect on a slab, but I am mildly annoyed that my most recent submission just went in and they charged my card for the full amount instead of applying the two separate credits I had on file. Those credits were the result of previous charges that I should not have paid, and I was pretty zen about it at the time of those errors since I knew this submission was going in and a credit could just be applied to it.

I was not expecting a full bill when I have a shade under $120 in total credit on my account. And this amount looks way worse when you convert it to Canadian dollars. 

I continue to try to be zen about it all since I understand that overworked humans are doing this and slack needs to be cut. I guess if the credit lasts long enough it can just go toward my membership renewal so all good in the end. 

The phone number to CGC, I mean they're still open now to call if you have time or off work. Surely they'll refund you this time I would think.... Just with Canada, I'm not sure if the call is toll free, which I guess an email might be better. At some point I'd reach out, but I understand frustration too. If they don't know they missed it they can't improve, but likely it wouldn't be fixed , this time at least, without messaging somehow. May there be peace either way! Prayers 🙏

On 5/24/2023 at 10:30 AM, CGC Mike said:

When I observed QC for a few hours, they looked at both the front and back of each book for several seconds.  

When my father was home (on his day off), my sister, brother, and I always behaved as perfectly civilized angels.  :angel:  However, when he was at work ......  :devil:

Cats-Away-2.thumb.png.951cc71ec6637b4d3bcd42a60bd8b470.png

On 8/14/2023 at 4:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If they don't know they missed it they can't improve, but likely it wouldn't be fixed , this time at least, without messaging somehow. 

How many times have we read about credits not being applied properly in here over the years?

How many complaints about the same issue do they need to hear before they "improve"?

On 8/14/2023 at 2:13 PM, Stefan_W said:

You have to call them and ask to apply the credits.  Don't know why it's such an archaic system, but that's how it works.

Customers: You seem to miss applying credits all the time. What are you doing to fix the problem?

CGC: Blinks rapidly .

Customers: It seems to be a recurring problem. Why can't you fix it?

CGC: Visible confusion. 

Customers: Seriously, can you fix this?

CGC: Incoherent murmuring. 

Customers: I GIVE UP

CGC: We know. 

On 8/14/2023 at 3:18 PM, ExNihilo said:

You have to call them and ask to apply the credits.  Don't know why it's such an archaic system, but that's how it works.

I'm back with 3 subs after an 8 month hiatus for them to finally yield to me they lost 3 of my books, and get my credits. I had to ask from Accounting to see a statement first that I actually had said credits before I submitted.

So, on my first three orders, I figured I'd see them apply to the CCS charges.. ... Nope.. all 3, full charge...

So I said to myself "OK, maybe these are strictly grading credits, but I thought they now apply to CCS too, but maybe they changed back over these 8 months...? Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and see how they handle grading fees."

Sure enough, Friday and now today, two of my moderns (which, BTW, are moving MUCH faster than my High Values... which is very irritating itself) went to SFG, and I got full charged... sigh...

So, the email to CS ensues... let's see how this plays out...

I'm mildly nervous now after all these months :eek:... I kept tabs on these boards, saw some signs of good things, many signs of bad things... 

Really hoping I do not regret making my 8 month hiatus much much longer... I have one more sub I am thinking of for my precious Sandman #75's 2nds, so I really want things to go smooth :wishluck:

On 8/14/2023 at 9:06 PM, circuitryusa said:

the email to CS ensues

Don't email.  Call.

Everytime I've called CS, I'm connected to another person within a few minutes and my issues/questions are all resolved a few minutes after that.  I find they're MUCH more responsive to phone calls than emails.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:27 PM, ExNihilo said:

Don't email.  Call.

Everytime I've called CS, I'm connected to another person within a few minutes and my issues/questions are all resolved a few minutes after that.  I find they're MUCH more responsive to phone calls than emails.

Of course not email, for some reason I feel that they want no paper trail. Well you said this and that can't be recorded on a phone call.....

On 8/14/2023 at 5:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The phone number to CGC, I mean they're still open now to call if you have time or off work. Surely they'll refund you this time I would think.... Just with Canada, I'm not sure if the call is toll free, which I guess an email might be better. At some point I'd reach out, but I understand frustration too. If they don't know they missed it they can't improve, but likely it wouldn't be fixed , this time at least, without messaging somehow. May there be peace either way! Prayers 🙏

As a quick update, I did call and I think it was straightened out. The service rep was helpful as always. She told me the computer program that is used to generate these charges does miss credits a lot (she said most of the time) and you can just call in to have the credit amount put back onto your card which is what I did. 

On my end it is all fine since the credit was applied, and making a phone call is not a big deal. It does seem a bit inefficient on CGC's end since this process ties up their customer support folks, and I imagine the accounting person who has to go in and fix it. If I owned a large company I would not want to see that type of wastage since it eats into the overall cost savings of having a computer do this to begin with. It feels like either the programming or database coordination could be improved since the credits should be in a place that could be read by the computer system as it processes the bill. It is not as though reading a few extra lines of coding and processing an extra function would slow a computer down in any meaningful way. 

On 8/15/2023 at 8:48 AM, Stefan_W said:

As a quick update, I did call and I think it was straightened out. The service rep was helpful as always. She told me the computer program that is used to generate these charges does miss credits a lot (she said most of the time) and you can just call in to have the credit amount put back onto your card which is what I did. 

On my end it is all fine since the credit was applied, and making a phone call is not a big deal. It does seem a bit inefficient on CGC's end since this process ties up their customer support folks, and I imagine the accounting person who has to go in and fix it. If I owned a large company I would not want to see that type of wastage since it eats into the overall cost savings of having a computer do this to begin with. It feels like either the programming or database coordination could be improved since the credits should be in a place that could be read by the computer system as it processes the bill. It is not as though reading a few extra lines of coding and processing an extra function would slow a computer down in any meaningful way. 

It's not "wastage" if the customer doesn't notice credits are not applied and CGC gets real money instead.