• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

I requested LF to sign the back of the recalled Matrix comic book. CGC confused the front with the back and encapsulated it backwards :facepalm: Not only that but they failed to include the yellow SS label (see blue universal label in pic below).

I tried to stop the book from shipping back to me today but alas.

It'll go back to FL once I have it in hand, and then...the wait...continues. 

matrix1f.jpg

On 5/20/2024 at 3:28 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

I requested LF to sign the back of the recalled Matrix comic book. CGC confused the front with the back and encapsulated it backwards :facepalm: Not only that but they failed to include the yellow SS label (see blue universal label in pic below).

matrix1f.jpg

That is aggravating.... nice book though! 

On 5/17/2024 at 6:10 PM, SpineTic said:

#ASKCGC - 9.6 vs. 9.8

Geez, I really need to get the CGC Grading Guide and recalibrate my thinking.  Foxing and corner bends are allowed in 9.6 and 9.8?!

I'm even more clueless about this stuff than I thought!  :insane:

On 5/20/2024 at 1:28 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

matrix1f.jpg

I think it's better this way.  If your intention is to sell, it would probably do better also.

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 3:09 PM, Yorick said:

I think it's better this way.  If your intention is to sell, it would probably do better also.

Better with back in front, or better with the blue label? Below is the correct "front."

matrix1b.jpg

Edited by MultiSig Mike

On 5/21/2024 at 12:16 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Better with back in front, or better with the blue label? Below is the correct "front."

Yes, both.  Yellow label doesn't matter too much anymore with the JSA authentication now available.  I've been wanting a copy of that book for a little while.  I like it it!

Posted (edited)

might as well have no interaction with the client service team.

submitted a foreign DD#1 1967 (as stated on front cover) 

when received by CGC - they change that to 1992. 

when bringing this to the attention of cgc - no worries - will fix it as part of grading. 

did it get fixed - no

got a reholder voucher which is unusable 

IMG_4256.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

Edited by Poka

• Administrator
On 5/28/2024 at 4:28 AM, Poka said:

might as well have no interaction with the client service team.

submitted a foreign DD#1 1967 (as stated on front cover) 

when received by CGC - they change that to 1992. 

when bringing this to the attention of cgc - no worries - will fix it as part of grading. 

did it get fixed - no

got a reholder voucher which is unusable 

This can be sent in as a mechanical error under label defect.  Unfortunately, the OSF will not sent a prepaid shipping label to customers outside of the US.  If you PM me your submission number, customer id number, and full name and address, I can get you a prepaid shipping label.  The label will be fixed and sent back to you at no charge.  

On 5/20/2024 at 4:28 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

matrix1f.jpg

They wanted to get their money's worth paying for that ME resubmission. 

On 5/20/2024 at 4:28 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Best I've done on a ME cycle is 3 - they messed up something with a single book not once (debris), not twice (misprinted label) but 3 times (scratches). I didn't bother sending it back for a 4th round, as the issue was minor compared to the others and I figured better to just keep it rather than risk the book getting damaged in the process. Fwiw, this was half a year ago and I haven't had too many issues since (of probably ~20 books only 3 or 4 had to go back)

On 5/29/2024 at 4:43 AM, dbcn said:

Fwiw, this was half a year ago and I haven't had too many issues since (of probably ~20 books only 3 or 4 had to go back)

That's a 15-20% error rate. I can't think of too many industries where that would be acceptable.