• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

funny Stuff #6

10 posts in this topic

Issue #5 might be worth it, as that is the all Sheldon Mayer issue, but then again, almost everyone who would want it would just crack the slab anyway.

I can't see any reason to grade #6 in the condition you describe.

I am putting together a "type" collection for the wall in my shop. I am trying to include as many "genres" of comics as I can, and for preservation purposes I am having them all slabbed. I got the funny stuff for $10, and I am getting it ready to send off now. The wall isn't for investment purposes. It's an educational tool for the seemingly endless stream of young collectors in the area.

The wall isn't for investment purposes. It's an educational tool for the seemingly endless stream of young collectors in the area.

Just wanted to compliment you on your fine idea! And I'm happy to hear that you have a lot of young folks coming into your store. Educating new readers about the history of comics will definitely benifit the hobby in the long-run. It might be good if you could keep a few inexpensive un-slabbed "genre" comics around too so some of those youngsters can read the comics as well as seeing the covers.

This educational wall sounds cool! You might want to think about buying some of those Bill Cole UV-protecting display cases if you're going to hang some pricey books up. I've never used them, but have heard they work pretty well. Too many comic shops ruin their greatest books by leaving them on a wall unprotected and exposing them to light damage.

Please post a pic when you get your wall up and running! 893applaud-thumb.gif