• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are expecting a Package from Fedex I have some bad news..

16 posts in this topic

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/fedex-truck-overturns-spills-packages-onto-i-75/njTTc/?ecmp=ajc_social_facebook_2014_sfp

fedex-crash.jpg

A FedEx tractor-trailer overturned Tuesday morning in middle Georgia, tossing packages across I-75 and causing major traffic jams.

No injuries were reported in the 10:30 a.m. crash just north of Macon in Monroe County. But many packages, including valuables and Christmas presents, were scattered across the northbound lanes. Some debris also scattered onto the southbound side of I-75.

Workers used a bulldozer-type vehicle to push piles of packages, grapefruits and presents from the roadway, The Macon Telegraph reported.

Lewis May, who works as a wrecker for Buice’s Garage in Forsyth, collected scattered Redbox DVDs in a broken cardboard box, the newspaper reported. May said the truck was carrying a lot of valuable cargo.

“The most valuable thing I’ve probably seen is a lot of laptops,” May said.

FedEx dispatched a team to the crash scene to assist with cleanup, a spokeswoman told The Telegraph. Customers were advised to track their packages on FedEx.com or to call 1-800-GoFedEx. I-75 re-opened later Tuesday afternoon.

The Georgia crash happened one day after a FedEx truck crashed in New Jersey, spilling packages on I-287 in Mahwah.

What's with all the grapefruits?

Well, they had to be separated from the plums & apples, as their is an all-out gang war over supermarket turf. Both the apples & the plums are glad the grapefruits went first, as this "mishap" has now taken out 1/3 of the rivals.

Just watch out for flying plum-pits and extra-heavy-cyanide in the apple seeds!

:ohnoez:

-slym

I live literally (no pun intended) next to the FedEx hub in Illinois. During the evening hours they all drive like its a demolition derby race. Speeding around the lot. All it is its grab a trailer from the loading dock (Slam Bam!!!), Pull it out at super speed, Drop it in the lot (Bam!!!), Hurry to grab the next trail. I don't know how many times I seen and heard trucks banging into one another or into something else. I should film it to show everyone what gone on there. They were too cheap to build a tall sound proof wall and put this short fence around the place. Big mistake on their part. Now everyone can see what goes on. I hope this happens only at this FedEx and not all.