• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

She is Rey's mom. :o

Right. :eyeroll:

Lucasfilm doesn't have a plan for the movies and are relying on a character created a year ago by Marvel as a pivotal character well after the bible for the new trilogy had been produced and filming for these movies has been underway.

If Aphra shows up in a Star Wars movie, it will be as a background character and as a nod to the comic fans, not as anything major in the movie. This is why they jettisoned the EU in the first place so the film makers don't have their hands tied.

To date, only Aayla Secura has crossed from comic character to movie and she was just a background character. No chance this won't be the case for future crossovers.

She is Rey's mom. :o

Right. :eyeroll:

Lucasfilm doesn't have a plan for the movies and are relying on a character created a year ago by Marvel as a pivotal character well after the bible for the new trilogy had been produced and filming for these movies has been underway.

If Aphra shows up in a Star Wars movie, it will be as a background character and as a nod to the comic fans, not as anything major in the movie. This is why they jettisoned the EU in the first place so the film makers don't have their hands tied.

To date, only Aayla Secura has crossed from comic character to movie and she was just a background character. No chance this won't be the case for future crossovers.

Only other character I can think of first introduced in other new canon media that was in Force Awakens was Snap Wexley, from the novels.

Quinlon Vos was an unnamed background character in Phantom Menace.

The comics decided to make him a Jedi and give him a story.

Lucas actually enjoyed the character so much they gave him a shout out in Episode III

Quinlon Vos was an unnamed background character in Phantom Menace.

The comics decided to make him a Jedi and give him a story.

Lucas actually enjoyed the character so much they gave him a shout out in Episode III

Quinlan Vos' scene was cut from the movie:

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/108428/why-was-quinlan-voss-scene-cut-from-revenge-of-the-sith

He does get a mention however like you say. He is more prominently featured in The Clone Wars animated series. His story in the comics is really, really good and worth tracking down IMHO.

Vos is featured in his own new-canon novel, Dark Disciple, and began in the movies, even though, as mentioned, as a background guy.

As far as SW novels go, it's not a terrible one.

I'm pretty sure any of his in-comic stories are no longer canon (if that matters).

ROTJ: Vader watches the Emperor killing Luke and (in the new version) says "No... No!" while in the old version (where we all knew what he was thinking) he says nothing, instead being pushed to ACTION (and action that isnt telegraphed by saying "NO" to the Emperor). Take it back out... It affects the story.

I was very fortunate to watch ROTJ on opening day in a very large sold out movie theatre. That scene above sent the crowd absolutely bonkers. I am talking full blown your favorite football team just won the super bowl on a last second play type screaming decibel level, jumping up and down into the aisles, high fives, etc. You have to remember back in those days, no internet, so no spoilers etc. So people were clueless about how this was going to land.

One of the biggest mistakes made in this entire movie series was changing that dialogue.

I was very fortunate to watch ROTJ on opening day in a very large sold out movie theatre. That scene above sent the crowd absolutely bonkers. I am talking full blown your favorite football team just won the super bowl on a last second play type screaming decibel level, jumping up and down into the aisles, high fives, etc. You have to remember back in those days, no internet, so no spoilers etc. So people were clueless about how this was going to land.

One of the biggest mistakes made in this entire movie series was changing that dialogue.

I miss those days. No matter how much you try to avoid spoilers now it is just about impossible.