• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

I pre ordered the steelbook from best buy and got it yesterday

Watched it last night. I only saw it once in the theatre and it was in 3D. Between that and the excitement etc.. I missed a lot of things

Watching it in the comfort of home was nice. And it was better upon the second viewing.

I looked up movie showtimes in my area and there are still many movie theaters that are playing this movie.

Has this ever happened before where a movie is still in theaters when the home release is also available?

Insane. :applause:

Yes. Lots.

I looked up movie showtimes in my area and there are still many movie theaters that are playing this movie.

Has this ever happened before where a movie is still in theaters when the home release is also available?

Insane. :applause:

Yes. Lots.

Maybe that over rated and POS Avatar movie?

I can't name any movie in recent memory that I can go at anytime during the day and see 4 months after the movie was released.

I remember Star Wars (A New Hope) VHS wasn't released until more than a year after the movie debuted. Of course back then, VHS was new and expensive, and relatively few people had the players. Some theaters were still showing the movie.

BluRay is tomorrow, right?

Yes, with no 4K version available, presumably because they want the fanatics to buy both the 2K version now and 4K version later. :makepoint:

I remember Star Wars (A New Hope) VHS wasn't released until more than a year after the movie debuted. Of course back then, VHS was new and expensive, and relatively few people had the players. Some theaters were still showing the movie.

Return of Jedi didn't come out on VHS until 3 years after the movie debuted

Return of Jedi didn't come out on VHS until 3 years after the movie debuted

Yeah, I remember not being able to rent any of the SW movies for quite awhile.

My mother worked at a video store when I was in elementary school. One of the perks was that she could bring home a free rental any day she worked. I don't ever remember her bringing home the SW movies. And I'm sure I would've requested them.

Star Wars was released on VHS in 1982 for the first time. That is 5 years after the movie was first shown at theaters.

the Blu-ray release date is typically chosen well in advance, usually even before the movie comes out. And its really really hard to know if a movie will still be in theaters nearly 4 months after it opened in theatres. And April is typically a slower movie month leading into May, which is obviously bigger. So strategically, this is probably a good time to sell this blu ray. People can sit around and watch hbo and star wars all day long.