• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

I would put episode I, II, III, and VI ahead of it.

Gonna be tough to backpedal your way out of this one. hm

One thing about episode 1 that can kind of legitimately stated as good is some of soundtrack. Duel of Fates is iconic.

I don't actually really care for the fighting because while beautifully choreographed it FEELS that way, like you needed both of them two learn a dance step for all of it to happen. The original trilogy fighters were obviously slower, a lot less movement, and a lot of times (with Vader) just in the wrist, but they seemed amped up because of emotional investment for me and I felt like I saw the emotion of of them. I get the idea of our first time seeing Jedi, fully trained ones, at the height of their power being different, but even after that duel it wasn't enough to not walk out of the theater completely dumbfounded by what I just watched, though I do respect younger people might dig it.

It's worse in Attack of the Clones though where clearly the Jedi Army wasn't fighting anyone and you could feel it.

I can get behind the podracing scene, but personally I tend to tune out of chase scenes in any movie and part of me hoped the kid would crash and die and the movie just take some crazy unforeseen turn lol.

Sooooo...finally saw the Force Awakens. I didn't see it sooner because of reasons I won't go into (ex-gf, promises, etc., :blahblah:). The point is that I finally saw it.

Let's be clear, I am a Star Wars fan. A bigger fan than the average individual. I have my own FX lightsaber dang it!

My impression...disappointed.

- It was campy/cheesy

- Another "deathstar" run (hope that's not a spoiler for anybody)

- The fight scenes were "eh"

- The sequence of scenes (Rey, Finn, Millenium Falcon, Han Solo, Luke's lightsaber) was so ridiculously unbelievable

- I can't look at Princess L the same way...ew

- The climatic ending had so much potential but it fell flat (I honestly didn't feel like I was in a galaxy far far away)

I would put episode I, II, III, and VI ahead of it. I guess I bought into the hype more than I should of. Might have been a different opinion if I saw it in the first week of release.

***One good thing. Kylo Ren. I did like his character.

That was a lot of typing just to invalidate your opinion at the end like that. :roflmao:

Sooooo...finally saw the Force Awakens. I didn't see it sooner because of reasons I won't go into (ex-gf, promises, etc., :blahblah:). The point is that I finally saw it.

Let's be clear, I am a Star Wars fan. A bigger fan than the average individual. I have my own FX lightsaber dang it!

My impression...disappointed.

- It was campy/cheesy

- Another "deathstar" run (hope that's not a spoiler for anybody)

- The fight scenes were "eh"

- The sequence of scenes (Rey, Finn, Millenium Falcon, Han Solo, Luke's lightsaber) was so ridiculously unbelievable

- I can't look at Princess L the same way...ew

- The climatic ending had so much potential but it fell flat (I honestly didn't feel like I was in a galaxy far far away)

I would put episode I, II, III, and VI ahead of it. I guess I bought into the hype more than I should of. Might have been a different opinion if I saw it in the first week of release.

***One good thing. Kylo Ren. I did like his character.

That was a lot of typing just to invalidate your opinion at the end like that. :roflmao:

He called them "episode", but he meant "movie".

His order is movie I, II, III, and VI. (Episodes IV, V, VI, and III)

I walked out of the theaters angry. Too many similarities to IV too many. Safe play for the creators but left me cheated. Also, anyone watch some of the JarJar conspiracy theories on YouTube. lol imagine????!!

I walked out of the theaters angry. Too many similarities to IV too many. Safe play for the creators but left me cheated. Also, anyone watch some of the JarJar conspiracy theories on YouTube. lol imagine????!!

I wouldn't say angry, more underwhelmed.

watching it now. Such a joy.

BB8 works so flawlessly.

I will say that consensus initial reaction is right so far on rewatch. I think to begin this movie the Williams score is weak. Really obviously not good to my ear. J.J. typically has excellent scores in his films and it's so obviously a different tune than I want to register at first here

Ridley though. She's a star.

Good to start with Isaac though, he's the most accomplished of the young actors and he kind of gets it going. He's phenomenal in Ex Machina and Inside Llewyn Davis, and I suspect will be in Annihilation (the next film by the Ex Machina director).