• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brave & the Bold 25?

48 posts in this topic

Why is this book so hard to find in decent shape? Is it scarce like Wonder Woman 105 (not really sure it's scarce but that's what some have said)? Or is it more like Showcase 22--not scarce but not abundant in high grade? (shrug)

Something about the cover just makes me :cloud9:

I grabbed a WW105 in 7.5 and was amazed to see it was in the top 8 graded (5 when taking PQ into account). I have to look into BB25 too.

That BB25 is listed at $5,750. Crack is whack. This is your brain on drugs.... An 8.0 sold for $2400 in September. Movie hype is great, but this is just insane.

That BB25 is listed at $5,750. Crack is whack. This is your brain on drugs.... An 8.0 sold for $2400 in September. Movie hype is great, but this is just insane.

Actually, I like the price...

Sure an argument can be made that it's high, but these are nearly impossible to find. Especially in this grade. So if someone wants one at a decent grade, then this is what they'll pay.

Maybe as sales are made and prices climb, then more books will come to market. And the increase in supply will stabilize the prices.

But for now, I'm not surprised to see the book at $6k. And what is more, I won't be surprised to see someone buy it.

also ... Curious, do you know where the 8.0 was purchased? Ebay? CLink?

I don't know if it is a highly scarce book or just one with a historically low trade rate.

Don't own the book, but I have come across it a number of times.

:shrug:

Next time you come across it, buy it... And sell it to me for a modest profit. :)

I don't know if it is a highly scarce book or just one with a historically low trade rate.

Don't own the book, but I have come across it a number of times.

:shrug:

Next time you come across it, buy it... And sell it to me for a modest profit. :)

(thumbs u

Any particular reason it'd be harder to come across than Brave & Bold 28?

Presently, the ratio of graded BB28 vs BB25 is over 13 to 1, 659 vs 50. So, statistically it is much more difficult to come across a BB25 than a BB28. I'm sure they will come out of the woodwork now that there is a monetary incentive but it will never be as abundant as BB28. I have always thought BB25 and Showcase 20 were two of the most difficult books to find.

B&B #25 is a scarce book in absolute terms. B&B #28 was a book that became important fairly early on. #25 has never been a popular book, and was not saved. There will be some, but not bunches of copies, especially high grade, of this book showing up.

And no, $6,000 for a 6.0 at this time is a silly price.

Not comparable, at all.

BB 25 is an early DC silver key, to begin with.

Suicide Squad has a new 52 title that has a solid following, and it has hot supporting characters i.e. Harley Quinn et al.

The Losers were featured in Our Fighting Forces, apparently never warranted their own title, intil being revived for a 20 or so issue run by Vertigo.A run of 20 issues indicates sales/demand for this team weren't all that high.

True, they were both second tier titles but even so, Suicide Squad was the book that had more interest as it ran for 70+ issues in the 80's while The Losers books were distinct, except for the occasional 1 shot.

Since the new 52 launch of Suicide Squad created demand strong demand a few years back, the Suicide Squad are no longer a second tier group , at all.

Not comparable, at all.

Suicide Squad has a new 52 title that has a solid following, and it has hot supporting characters i.e. Harley Quinn et al.

The Losers were featured in Our Fighting Forces, apparently never warranted their own title, intil being revived for a 20 or so issue run by Vertigo.A run of 20 issues indicates sales/demand for this team weren't all that high.

True, they were both second tier titles but even so, Suicide Squad was the book that had more interest as it ran for 70+ issues in the 80's while The Losers books were distinct, except for the occasional 1 shot.

Since the new 52 launch of Suicide Squad created demand strong demand a few years back, the Suicide Squad are no longer a second tier group , at all.

I agree. They're a fourth tier group. :insane:

Tier 1: Avengers/X-men/Justice League

Tier 2: Fantastic Four/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Tier 3: Guardians Of the Galaxy/Inhumans (but rapidly moving up)

Tier 4: Suicide Squad/Doom Patrol/Metal Men, etc.

-J.

Not comparable, at all.

I agree. They're a fourth tier group. :insane:

Tier 1: Avengers/X-men/Justice League

Tier 2: Fantastic Four/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Tier 3: Guardians Of the Galaxy/Inhumans (but rapidly moving up)

Tier 4: Suicide Squad/Doom Patrol/Metal Men, etc.

-J.

You don't think TMNT is tier 1?

It pains me to say this, but if anything Justice League is tier 2 and TMNT is tier 1 these days...

Agree with everything else, carry-on.

Not comparable, at all.

Suicide Squad had more interest? The Losers had an 8 year run (1970-78) under Our Fighting Forces- which was The Losers book from 123 on. Sure Suicide Squad drew more interest in the 80s but let's compare that run to The Losers BA run. As for the New 52? Sgt Rock's title failed miserably but does this mean the Suicide Squad is more popular than the Rock? I like both titles and recommend everyone get a nice copy of BB 25 and G.I. Combat 138- classic DC SA war stuff.