• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
15 15

858 posts in this topic

Assuming your grading is how CGC would grade, yes. If you're off, then maybe not worth you stretching your budget. Personally, if funds are limited, not sure taking risks is in your best interest. If you missed it somehow being restored for example, you could dig yourself into a hole. I'd have to assume your LCS isn't leaving much money on the table based on how they are grading it.

Question for the ASM 129 society. I was at my LCS today and had my hands on a solid 7.5-8.0 raw copy that I can pick up for $600. This seemed like a really good price but funds are limited so... Just seemed like a shame to pass up on a great book so the question is : at this price is it worth a little financial belt tightening ?

Thanks to all who reply, CB

Do you love the punisher? Are you a spidey collector? Is there something you have that you could ebay sell to help pay for it and not miss? Do you collect key books?

If you answered yes to at least 2 of those questions...then yes! It's a must have spidey book for me and I love punisher.

Question for the ASM 129 society. I was at my LCS today and had my hands on a solid 7.5-8.0 raw copy that I can pick up for $600. This seemed like a really good price but funds are limited so... Just seemed like a shame to pass up on a great book so the question is : at this price is it worth a little financial belt tightening ?

Thanks to all who reply, CB

if you were to buy it raw for 600, sent it to CGC, comes back a 6.5 and you sell it through auction format, you'll have lost approx $200. So to break even you'd need to sell the book for 900 to absorb the grading, shipping, commissions. So you best get back better than an 8.0. What if there is CT or something else? I'd pass.

Thanks to all who replied to my inquiry posted on page 26 about a 129 that showed up at my LCS. The book was purchased by another customer in just a few hours after going in the case so that is that. Good advice posted by all and thanks again.

CB